This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Client Services Director to join the Revolution Viewing Board of Directors during an exciting time of growth and new strategic direction for our 26 person company. You will report into the CEO/founder.
In this new role, you will be responsible for leading a team of Account Managers, helping the team to deliver financial and client-focused key results and objectives. Whilst our Account Managers will have responsibility for their own clients, the Client Services Director will support and coach our Account Managers, advising on the best approach and providing training where appropriate. You will also have responsibility for maintaining and developing relationships with our existing top tier of clients across all our markets and products – higher education, home builder and personalised videos for leading brands. You will be responsible for driving new business and implementing strategies to win clients in new markets and to develop these client relationships yourself and with the support of your team.
As someone with a strong commercial background and proven track record in sales and customer relationship management, you will be the senior lead at Revolution Viewing in setting sales forecasts across all our products and markets and in reporting progress to the Board of Directors. We are open to candidates who haven’t worked within agencies or digital services previously.
You will also work closely with our Technical Director on new product development and the setting of pricing for new and existing products. And you will work closely with our Marketing Manager to ensure our marketing activity supports our revenue targets across all products and markets.
Remote working – if remote working is your preference (it’s working well for our team at present) then we are open to discussing your requirements during interview; however, we do feel that having regular face-to-face contact with your team (at least once per week – where government guidelines permit this) is an important element of this particular role. We will also expect you to meet clients face-to-face wherever possible and appropriate so you will be expected to travel to clients around the UK, typically for two out of five days per week.
To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you have at least 10 years experience of each of the essential job remits and key skills below. If you also have experience of the desired remits and key skills, that will be reflected in the salary offered.
- Client relationships – develop and nurture relationships with senior-level client contacts
- Client relationships – take the lead responsibility for client satisfaction, retention and growth at Revolution Viewing, whilst reviewing and developing strategies to ensure clients are managed efficiently and profitably
- Team development – manage all aspects of direct reports, including resource, coaching, mentoring, appraisals and training
- New and existing business – generate a substantive sales opportunity pipeline, capable of exceeding a £2.5m turnover with year on year growth
- New business – working with your direct reports, identify, support and lead new business pitch opportunities
- Product Development – ensure clients have a full understanding of all relevant RV products and services and use client feedback and your market knowledge to suggest and develop new products
- Financial performance – set and manage monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts for all products and markets
- Culture – as a senior member of the team, you’ll be expected to have a high profile around the company and contribute to a culture we’re proud of
- Data – excellent with numbers and have an analytical mind as well as an understanding of the importance of data to inform strategic decisions
- Communication – present market research findings to audiences up to senior levels in meetings, at conferences and online
- Reward structures – work with the Board Directors to explore the feasibility and structure of a bonus scheme at Revolution Viewing
- Marketing communications – work closely with our Marketing Manager to plan and oversee the delivery of all marketing communications for clients
- Training and workshop facilitation – developing and delivering training sessions for team members and clients
- Directorship – previous Board level experience
Key Skills, Job Tasks, Experience and General Outlook
- Experience: at least 10 years proven, successful and sustained sales track record achieving an annual turnover target of at least £1m
- Experience: at least 10 years proven success in managing commercial relationships with senior stakeholders
- Experience: at least five years experience of managing people and teams of more than three team members
- Experience: at least five years experience of holding a senior leadership position
- Knowledge: absolute understanding of the sales cycle/process
- Qualifications: a university qualification at any level in any subject is essential – having personal experience of going to university is helpful in building rapport with our HE clients which currently form our biggest market
- Skills: exceptional and wide-ranging communication skills which enable you to build and maintain strong client relationships and confidently represent RV’s people and products
- Skills: exceptional attention to detail, particularly related to numeracy and target forecasting
- Skills: excellent communicator (written and verbal) with the ability to adapt your approach to clients and team members
- General outlook: an energetic and positive approach to work
- General outlook: determination to achieve sales targets
- Experience: experience in selling web-based, video and photography products and/or SaaS products
- Experience: delivering, or managing, B2B marketing activities
- Knowledge: an understanding of digital marketing within higher and/or further education and the student recruitment cycle within these markets
- Qualifications: if your university degree is not related to sales and marketing, then a professional marketing qualification (such as CIM) is desirable
Working at RV
Revolution Viewing is a leading creative digital agency that produces world-class solutions. We are a team of 26 people and operate as niche specialists at the top of our game; this is why over 100 UK universities and some of the UK’s largest home-builders keep coming back for more! See what makes us tick.
Work-life balance manifesto
The feedback we receive from our team suggests that this is an unusual policy for an agency, hence the mention here in the job spec. This is from Tom, our CEO: “You will get paid for the hours you work or you will be given the time back.” Quite simply, you will never be asked to work more hours than contracted, without receiving that time back in lieu or being paid overtime.
10 reasons to apply for a role with Revolution Viewing
- Remote working
- We produce sector-leading digital media products
- Our team tell us RV is a great place to work
- Our clients love what we do and our client satisfaction is extremely high
- Every three months we have a team meal (to return post-Covid!)
- Holiday loyalty scheme – extra holidays for years of service
- Individual objectives set in annual appraisals and progress reviewed in monthly 1:1 meeting with your line manager
- We have a Work-life Balance Manifesto that is policy!
- We share our strategy, including mission, direction and financial progress
- We offer a thorough induction and comprehensive training for your career
Our core values
These values are a key consideration when hiring a new team member; we need to feel each team member shares these values.
- Respect for people
- Veritably fun working environment (contribution to)
- Sustainable progression (we don’t make rash decisions that jeopardise the company)
- Honesty & integrity
- Innovative & dynamic
- Passion & pride (in all we do)
See top of this page for the application deadline.
Send your email to: email@example.com
- Please let us know how soon you could start if you are offered a job
- Let us know where you heard about this vacancy
- Attach your current CV
- Attach a 10 line cover letter outlining how you will add value to our company
For updates on Revolution Viewing and any vacancies, we recommend you follow us on our social media channels: www.revolutionviewing.com/social
How will RV use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, including complying with any legal obligations, to enable us to manage the recruitment process. We will only share your data with relevant parties as part of our recruitment process and we will not share your data for marketing or employment purposes outside of RV. For more information on RV’s job applicant privacy notice, please follow this link.