At Revolution Viewing, we empower people to make life changing decisions – that’s our mission. We do that by producing rich media solutions to help prospective students to select their perfect university and home buyers to select their perfect home.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, technically minded and creative individual to join a very talented team – delivering award winning, world leading web solutions for many of the UK’s biggest universities.
Our portfolio will give you a flavour of the kind of engaging web content that we’re currently producing, however, at RV we are constantly trying to push the envelope, every year our clients trust us more and more, they provide greater budgets and increasingly rely on our creative ability.
The successful candidate will be joining our team at an exciting time; our web products have come on a long way in the past couple of years and we need an experienced digital project manager to drive forwards the delivery of these increasingly complex, multi-faceted projects. You will report directly to our Technical Director who’s looking for someone to take the department to the next level, improving our processes and as a result, the quality and profitability of our work.
- Scoping new projects and assisting Client Services with quoting;
- Leading ‘Discovery Meetings’ at prestigious institutions across the UK to refine client briefs and discuss possible creative responses;
- Producing project plans and management documents to share with clients;
- Working closely with our digital designer on our creative response to client briefs;
- Mentoring our team of in-house developers when they face technical challenges;
- Assisting our senior project coordinator with technical queries received from clients;
- Overseeing the delivery of circa 20 projects at a time, of which, you may be directly responsible for the day-to-day delivery of up to 10;
- Regular communication with clients, discussing feedback, identifying and managing scope creep and keeping them up to speed with progress;
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time, budget and to the high standards that we expect; and
- Managing a team of 3 developers, a digital designer and a senior project coordinator.
Key Skills, Experience and General Outlook
To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you have exceeded each of the key skills required. If you don’t have the relevant experience and require further training/time to reach the required skill level, then this will be reflected in the salary offered.
The successful candidate will:
- have an excellent attention to detail – this is essential;
- have an ability to manage many tasks at once, re-prioritising where necessary and working in a logical manner;
- be naturally proactive and enjoying working autonomously. Crucially, not being afraid to ask for help when it’s needed;
- be articulate, speaking clearly and confidently both when in person and on the phone;
- be confident communicating complex, technical issues to non-technical; colleagues and project stakeholders in a way that they can easily understand;
- be able to confidently manage conflict, both internally and externally;
- like things to be done efficiently and enjoy making contributions to that effect;
- have an excellent grasp of written English and you can confidently and quickly; structure a well worded, perfectly spelt and grammatically correct email;
- be eager to learn, improve and contribute to the success of our business; and
- have experience of using a variety of role related software systems. We mainly use Smartsheet; TimeHero, GitLab and Google Sheets.
Please note: other than your lunch break, we do not accommodate smoking breaks.
- At least three years of experience managing digital projects;
- A proven experience of delivering multiple high-quality projects within tight time-frames, on budget;
- Experience of managing a team; and
Working at RV
Why Work at RV?
Revolution Viewing is a leading Creative Digital Agency that produces world-class solutions. We are a team of 40 people and operate as niche specialists at the top of our game; this is why over 90 UK universities and some of the UK’s largest home-builders keep coming back for more! See what makes us tick –
RV Office 360 virtual tour: http://rv333.com/office-360
Work-life Balance Manifesto
The feedback we receive from our team suggests that this is an unusual policy for an agency, hence the mention here in the job spec. This is from Tom, our CEO: “You will get paid for the hours you work or you will be given the time back.” Quite simply, you will never be asked to work more hours than contracted, without receiving that time back in lieu or being paid overtime.
RV Culture & Values
Ten reasons to apply for a role with Revolution Viewing
- We have a Work-life Balance Manifesto that is policy!
- We produce sector-leading digital media products.
- Our team tell us RV is a great place to work.
- Our clients love what we do and our client satisfaction is extremely high.
- Free lunch – there is such a thing and it happens every day at RV! (for staff working 6 hours or more in a day)
- Every three months we have a team meal, on the company.
- Holiday loyalty scheme – extra holidays for years of service.
- Individual objectives set in annual appraisals and progress reviewed in monthly 1-2-1 meeting with line manager.
- We share our strategy, including mission, direction and financial progress.
- We offer a thorough induction and comprehensive training for your career.
Our Core Values
These values are a key consideration when hiring a new team member; we need to feel each team member shares these values.
- Respect for people
- Veritably fun working environment (contribution to)
- Sustainable progression (we don’t make rash decisions that jeopardise the company)
- Honesty & integrity
- Innovative & dynamic
- Passion & pride (in all that we do)
See top of this document for the application deadline.
Send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application must include the following information:
- Please let us know how soon you could start if you are offered a job.
- Let us know where you heard about this vacancy.
- The time & dates of assessment are 2pm-7pm Wednesday 9th October 2019 & 2pm-7pm Thursday 17th October 2019. Please let us know if you can be available on these dates. Note you will only be required to attend one of the assessment session dates, and whilst the session is long in duration, we make our decision based on this one session. Feedback suggests candidates find it useful spending this time in our working environment.
- Attach your current CV.
- Attach a 10-line cover letter outlining how you will add value to our company.
Please note the successful candidate must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK.
For updates on Revolution Viewing and any vacancies, we recommend you follow us on our social media channels: https://www.revolutionviewing.com/social/
How will RV use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, including complying with any legal obligations, to enable us to manage the recruitment process. We will only share your data with relevant parties as part of our recruitment process and we will not share your data for marketing or employment purposes outside of RV. For more information on RV’s job applicant privacy notice, please follow this link.