This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced frontend developer to work as part of a small team on a brand new Vue.js based SaaS product which we’re in the early stages of developing. The product will build on our 10+ years’ experience of building award-winning, sector-leading Virtual Tour solutions for more than 50 UK universities. We are pleased to state that we already have pre-launch sales, with other clients from leading universities expressing significant interest in this exciting product that is set to change the way prospective students virtually explore a university.
Remote working – if remote working is your preference (it’s working well for our team at present) then we are open to discussing your requirements during interview. It might be that we can agree to you visiting the office once per week or perhaps once per month. For overseas applicants, we feel that being within a three hour flight of Leeds is probably quite important.
Your role will be as a frontend developer, building a brand-new virtual experience to add to our product portfolio.
Key skills, experience and general outlook
To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you have exceeded each of the key skills required. If you don’t have the relevant experience and require further training/time to reach the required skill level, then this will be reflected in the salary offered.
You must have:
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a frontend developer in a commercial environment
- Experience of using Git/BitBucket/GitLabs and Gitflow
- Good communication skills and be excited by the prospect of working with like minded individuals to deliver a common shared goal
- A strong attention to detail with a natural disposition to seeing and wanting to fix even minor issues
- The confidence and ability to work with code produced by others
- Experience working as part of an Agile team
- Comfortable working with an IDE such as Sublime, Atom, Visual Studio etc.
It will be a bonus if you’re familiar with:
- CLIs – Webpack, Rollup etc
- RESTful APIs
- DevOps and automation including CI/CD and testing
Working at RV
Revolution Viewing is a leading creative digital agency that produces world-class solutions. We are a team of 35 people and operate as niche specialists at the top of our game; this is why over 90 UK universities and some of the UK’s largest home-builders keep coming back for more! See what makes us tick – www.revolutionviewing.com/about-us
Work-life Balance Manifesto
The feedback we receive from our team suggests that this is an unusual policy for an agency, hence the mention here in the job spec. This is from Tom, our CEO: “You will get paid for the hours you work or you will be given the time back.” Quite simply, you will never be asked to work more hours than contracted, without receiving that time back in lieu or being paid overtime.
10 reasons to apply for a role with Revolution Viewing
- Remote working.
- We produce sector-leading digital media products.
- Our team tell us RV is a great place to work.
- Our clients love what we do and our client satisfaction is extremely high.
- Every three months we have a team meal (to return post-Covid!)
- Holiday loyalty scheme – extra holidays for years of service.
- Individual objectives set in annual appraisals and progress reviewed in monthly 1:1 meeting with your line manager.
- We have a Work-life Balance Manifesto that is policy!
- We share our strategy, including mission, direction and financial progress.
- We offer a thorough induction and comprehensive training for your career.
Our Core Values
These values are a key consideration when hiring a new team member; we need to feel each team member shares these values.
- Respect for people
- Veritably fun working environment (contribution to)
- Sustainable progression (we don’t make rash decisions that jeopardise the company)
- Honesty & integrity
- Innovative & dynamic
- Passion & pride (in all we do)
See top of this page for the application deadline.
Send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please let us know how soon you could start if you are offered a job.
- Let us know where you heard about this vacancy.
- The proposed time & dates of assessment are:
Tuesday 6th October 2020 10:00-16:00; and
Thursday 8th October 10:00-16:00
Please let us know if you can be available on these dates. Note you will only be required to attend one of the assessment sessions.
- Attach your current CV.
- Include your portfolio or links to at least five projects that you have developed.
- Attach a 10 line cover letter outlining how you will add value to our company.
For updates on Revolution Viewing and any vacancies, we recommend you follow us on our social media channels: www.revolutionviewing.com/social
How will RV use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, including complying with any legal obligations, to enable us to manage the recruitment process. We will only share your data with relevant parties as part of our recruitment process and we will not share your data for marketing or employment purposes outside of RV. For more information on RV’s job applicant privacy notice, please follow this link.