At Revolution Viewing, we empower people to make life changing decisions – this is our mission. We do this by producing rich media solutions to help prospective home buyers to select their perfect home and students to select their perfect university. Our clients are the top home builders and universities all over the UK and we are the leading rich media supplier in both sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced sales professional with a passion for people and building relationships to join a very talented and seasoned team. You will be our Home Builder (HB) specialist, leading the sales from our Home Builder (HB) clients and keeping abreast of the latest trends and insights from the sector to inform RV strategic decisions, product development and RV content delivered to our established and prospective clients.
Our current top 25 UK HB clients include: Taylor Wimpey, Bellway, Bloor Homes, Miller Homes, Vistry, Countryside Properties, Story Homes, Fairview Homes.
Some of our former / prospective HB clients we’d love to work with include: Barratt Homes, Persimmon/Charles Church, Berkeley, Redrow, L&Q, Crest Nicholson, Cala, Telford Homes, Hill, Strata Homes, Avant.
You will be accountable for maintaining and developing relationships with our existing top tier of clients across HB, using your natural flair and passion for the sector to foster these relationships.
You will be accountable for driving new business across our HB clients, with a particular focus on our core HB products for our clients’ show homes and developments. You will be a champion of these products and use your knowledge of HB to further develop how we position them to our existing and prospective clients.
Career progression – for the right candidate that wishes to progress into a more senior leadership role and demonstrates the necessary skills and competencies, there will be the opportunity to lead the five employee HB department.
You will report to Tony (our COO) and you will work closely with and line manage our Sales / Account Manager. You will also work alongside our Senior Project Coordinator and Marketing & Communications Manager.
We’re looking for someone with great commercial awareness and an ability to spot and capitalise on opportunities for growth in the HB sector. The role’s package constitutes a base salary as listed above and a generous, uncapped annual bonus scheme which would see OTEs of a £15k bonus. If you were to exceed the target by 5% you would be in line for a bonus of around £22k. If you were to exceed the target by 10% you would be in line for a bonus of around £30k.
We are also including “trophy bonuses” for every HB client from the UK’s top 25 list that is landed as a new client. The bonus is set at £500 per HB client’s “regional business unit“. As an example, Barratt Homes have 28 regional business units throughout the UK, representing a potential of £14k in trophy bonuses. Qualifying terms apply for both the annual and trophy bonus schemes.
Key areas of accountability in this role will be the remits of key client relationships, new business and revenue growth through relevant knowledge of the HB sector.
A Day in the Life
You may decide to start a typical day by scanning any relevant HB newsletters / news sites to which you subscribe to stay abreast with the latest news & insights.
You will be leading the sales effort, having regular check-ins with your Sales / Account Manager to understand any key sales challenges or opportunities. You will coach as required to arrive at the best possible outcome for both RV and the client – this may involve approving ‘nudge’ sales strategies or attending the next client meeting in person.
Often you will have a client meeting in the diary (typically you would have 2 or 3 client meetings per week in person or virtually) so you will finish off any preparation and ensure all attendees are fully briefed and clear about the desired outcomes before the meeting commences.
You’ll spend time discussing quotes and projects with various members of the HB team. Perhaps seeking advice from our Lead Photographer to help fulfil a recent bespoke quote request or maybe discussing HB resource availability for the coming month with our Senior Project Coordinator to ensure you can deliver for your client contact.
Depending on the locality of the client meeting and travel time required, you will utilise any remaining part of your day to contact your key clients or follow up prospective client opportunities, ensuring contact is in line with the client contract strategy.
Finally you look at the latest sales figures to see how we are tracking against targets and start to formulate a plan if you foresee any challenges…and then reflect, relax and bask in the satisfying glow of knowing you’ve made some significant contributions towards achieving the RV Mission and that you’ve developed numerous skills along the way!
To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you have at least 5 years experience in a sales role, ideally in the HB sector or within a digital marketing agency and in fulfilling each of the job remits below. If you don’t have the relevant experience and require further training/time to reach the required skill level, then this will be reflected in the salary offered.
- Sales: You will have full accountability for sales to our HB clients. From drawing upon your experience to enhance and improve our sales process to setting and ultimately achieving sales, revenue and contribution targets
- New Business: Network and prospect across the HB industry to build new client relationships with top 25 UK home builders, generating new business opportunities
- Client Relationships: Responsibility for nurturing and growing key client relationships, creating RV fans and strong commercial gains by attending all regional and head office account meetings (in-person and video calls) to generate sales pipeline opportunities with positive results / feedback from clients
- Marketing: Work with our Marketing Manager to develop and deliver the HB marketing plan
- Management: Line manager to our Sales / Account Manager, setting clear, ambitious and realistic targets and coaching them based upon your expertise in sales and the HB sector
- Strategy: Contribute to the strategic direction of the business through quarterly OKR (Objective Key Result – Strategy) sessions
- Financial Performance: Monitor and maintain a robust sales forecast to allow accurate business and account performance reporting and review product packages, pricing and profitability and actively contribute to the creative solutions we provide, ensuring we remain competitive in the industry
- Product Development: Responsibility for ensuring clients have a full understanding of all relevant RV products / services and use client feedback and your market knowledge to suggest and help RV improve existing products and develop new products
- Conduct: Represent RV professionally at all times in both verbal and written communication but with a friendly, enthusiastic and personal nature
- Knowledge: Be responsible for keeping abreast of sector trends and competitor work and positively influencing RV’s products and services
- Culture: Be an inspirational leader who can nurture and develop colleagues
Key Skills, Experience & General Outlook
To be considered for this role you will need to meet all of the “Essential” items listed in both the “Key Skills” and “Experience” sections.
To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you exceed a number of the “Essential” items and meet or exceed a number of the ”Desirable” items listed in both the “Key Skills” and “Experience” sections.
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) with the ability to adapt your approach to clients and team members
- Exceptional attention to detail, particularly related to numeracy and target forecasting
- Exceptional and wide-ranging communication skills which enable you to build and maintain strong client relationships and confidently represent RV’s people and products
- Be a respected and experienced leader, with the ability to hold senior-level relationships
- Knowledge: Absolute understanding of the sales cycle/process
- The ability to quickly grasp sophisticated client requirements, solve client problems, arrive at a solution and eloquently communicate the solution
- Be a genuine ‘people person’ someone whom people warm to quickly
- The ability to be calm and collected under pressure, in a sales environment but also when dealing with numerous complex tasks
- Be a seasoned public speaker who can represent RV
- Experience of writing content for marketing channels (this isn’t essential, what is more important is the actual insight / viewpoint)
- Experience of working in a sales (or related sales) roles in a senior position for at least 5 years
- Financial: At least 5 years experience of working to sales targets of £300k+ or 5 years working with HB marketing departments from the supplier side
- Industry Knowledge: A deep understanding of the role digital marketing plays within the home builder sector
- Industry knowledge: Experience of working within the HB sector (supplier or client-side) and be familiar with the HB sales process and the workings of HB clients along with rich sources of insight
- Experience of motion (video, photography, 360s) sales and account management
- Experience of managing one or more people
- An insatiable passion for Home Building
- Inquisitive – always looking for a different way to approach a barrier or problem, able to spot the insight (whether from client or industry) amongst an array of information
- An energetic and positive approach to work
- Determination to achieve sales targets
- Alignment with our company core values
Working at RV
Why work at RV?
Revolution Viewing is a leading Creative Digital Agency that produces world-class solutions. We are a team of 19 people and operate as niche specialists at the top of our game; this is why over 110 UK universities and some of the UK’s largest home builders keep coming back for more! See what makes us tick – http://www.revolutionviewing.com/about
Working from Office / Home
The Board is keen to provide employees with the flexibility to choose working patterns and working locations (office, home, hybrid) that will support their work-life balance, maintain our great working culture and encourage team collaboration. All of our employees currently have the freedom to choose where they work from, be that from home or from one of our two office options. A number of our team regularly make use of Avenue HQ’s flexible, coworking office space on East Parade in Leeds City Centre. With a cafe on the ground floor, numerous meeting room facilities throughout the building for client, group and full team meetings and a rooftop bar, it’s perfectly equipped to cater for our team’s needs.
We also have an office situated on Kirkstall Rd on the outskirts of Leeds City Centre. This is a more functional office space hosting our company’s network but also providing work stations, collaborative / break-out space, a formal meeting room and providing plenty of free car parking spaces.
Who we are (Team & Office)
Work-Life Balance Manifesto
The feedback we receive from our team suggests that this is an unusual policy for such a business, hence the mention here in the job spec. This is from Tom, our CEO: “You will get paid for the hours you work or you will be given the time back.” Quite simply, you will never be asked to work more hours than contracted, without receiving that time back in lieu or being paid overtime.
10 Reasons to Apply for a Role with Revolution Viewing
- We have a Work-life Balance Manifesto that is policy!
- Our team tell us RV is a great place to work
- We produce sector-leading digital media products
- Our clients love what we do and our client satisfaction is extremely high
- Every six weeks we have a whole team catch-up / social
- Generous bonus scheme
- Holiday loyalty scheme – extra holidays for years of service
- Individual objectives set in annual appraisals and progress reviewed in monthly 1:1 meeting with your line manager
- We share our strategy, including mission, direction and financial progress
- We offer a thorough induction and comprehensive training for your career
Our Core Values
These values are a key consideration when hiring a new team member; we need to feel each team member shares these values:
- Respect for people
- Veritably fun working environment (contribution to)
- Sustainable progression (we don’t make rash decisions that jeopardise the company)
- Honesty & integrity
- Innovative & dynamic
- Passion & pride (in all we do)
- See top of this page for the application deadline.
- Send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your application must include the following information:
- Please let us know how soon you could start if you are offered a job
- Let us know where you heard about this vacancy
- As part of our recruitment process we will be conducting 1st stage interviews (via video call) before inviting candidates to assessment/2nd stage interviews. The dates of the 1st stage interviews will be the 26th, 27th & 28th September (times for interviews will be confirmed with candidates following the application deadline). Please let us know if you can be available on these dates. Note: you will only be required to attend one of these dates
- Applicants successful at the 1st interview stage will then be invited to assessment/2nd stage interview. The dates for assessment/2nd stage interview are the 4th &11th October. Again, please let us know if you can be available on these dates and again, you will only be required to attend one of these dates. Note: Whilst we’re asking you to commit this day to the 2nd stage interview, we make our decision based on this one session. Feedback suggests candidates find it useful spending this time in our working environment (COVID-19 guidelines permitting)
- Attach your current CV
- Attach a 10-line cover letter outlining how you will add value to our company
Please note: the successful candidate must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK.
For updates on Revolution Viewing and any vacancies, we recommend you follow us on our social media channels.
How will RV use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, including complying with any legal obligations, to enable us to manage the recruitment process. We will only share your data with relevant parties as part of our recruitment process and we will not share your data for marketing or employment purposes outside of RV. For more information on RV’s job applicant privacy notice, please follow this link.