This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced marketing manager to join a growing company which is world-leading in the areas in which we operate. At Revolution Viewing we empower people to make life changing decisions – this is our mission. We do that by producing rich media solutions to help prospective students to select their perfect university and home buyers to select their perfect home. Our clients are universities and the top home builders all over the UK and we are the leading rich media supplier in both sectors.
Whilst established in these sectors and our current marketing activities work well for us, our growth over recent years, particularly in higher education, means that we need to invest in our marketing to ensure that we stay at the top of our game and so that we can drive forward our most profitable products.
For this new role, we are looking for a marketing manager who can develop and deliver an integrated marketing strategy to support the delivery of commercial activity across the organisation. We need a driven individual who can be passionate about our products and clients to capitalise on what we’ve delivered so far and take us to the next level of sophistication in our marketing and communications. We’re looking for a marketing expert who can: advise us on digital marketing strategy; write engaging copy to sell our products and reflect our brand; and ensure a return on investment for our marketing spend.
A Day in the life
Whether FT or PT, in a typical week, you’ll spend roughly a quarter of your time reviewing and setting marketing tasks for the Senior Marketing Co-ordinator and delivering tasks yourself. These tasks will be directly linked to our annual marketing campaign plan delivered throughout the year, which you will be responsible for owning and delivering. There may be some marketing opportunities that crop up once or twice per month which will be required to be reviewed by you to assess their viability. Tasks that you would be expected to take full responsibility for include, liaising with print suppliers and sponsorship partners, budget monitoring and forecasting of the marketing plan, assessing the return of investment and our marketing activities, and overseeing the production of all branded collateral (supported by our in-house Designer).
You will check-in once or twice a fortnight with our two Commercial Directors to ensure that marketing campaigns are supporting sales activities. You will spend time analysing the performance of marketing activities and campaigns against previously set success measures, budgets and income targets, as well as providing suggestions for and adjusting activities moving forward. Much of this information will be compiled into a monthly report which you will produce and which will be reviewed by our Board of Directors.
Over the course of a week, if you are working part-time at 25 hours per week, you are likely to spend half of your time writing the copy for various communications required to support the sale or our products and to communicate our brand to existing and potential employees (please see point 6 below for a list of our current communications).
Within this time, you will also oversee and proof read the written communications of other relevant colleagues across the company. With experience of writing copy for a variety of different channels, and in having excellent written English, this is where you will add personality and consistency to our communications.
A final quarter of your time will be spent ensuring that our website, social media and digital channels and listing are delivering what we need in terms of reach and return on investment. We’re a digital company and so how we communicate ourselves online is an important part of us gaining trust and respect from our clients and potential clients. You will be expected to respond to incoming enquiries from clients and to respond to their needs with information about our products and services.
If you are able to work FT, your tasks can be expanded to meet a variety of additional remits. These include, supporting our market research programme, attending events and supporting the completion of tender bids. We would also like you to be able to deal with enquiries and requests from existing clients for quotes, product information and/or guide pricing. The majority of this work will require you to take project briefs from clients over the phone (some face to face meetings may be required) and then for you to ensure that quotes are created in response to the client brief. You would then send the quote to the client and carry out the relevant follow up. Any account or sales management experience will help with this although we have a very consultative approach to sales and you will only be dealing with existing clients – you will not be making cold calls or trying to develop new business.
Please note that the hours per remit are purely to serve as a guide/indication. We would expect you to operate with autonomy and manage your own workload.
Part-time hours (25 hrs pw)
- Work with our Commercial Director, Senior Marketing Co-ordinator and Designer to develop and implement an integrated Marketing & Communications Strategy. (4 hours of project management per week)
- Co-ordinate marketing campaigns with sales activities. (1 hour per week)
- Adjust marketing strategy and campaigns based on results (0.5 hours per week)
- Provide monthly reports for our Board of Directors to show the return on investment of our marketing activities. (0.5 hours per week)
- Responsibility for overall brand management and our corporate identity. (1 hour per week)
- Write the copy for and produce engaging communications to support the sale of our products and to communicate our brand to existing and potential employees. These communications include but are not exhaustive of: e-newsletters, social media posts, blogs, website copy, product information sheets, case studies, magazine advertorial, flyers, banner stands, client proposals. (8 hours per week)
- Liaise and negotiate with promotional material suppliers and sponsorship partners to ensure that communications are delivered on time, to spec and to budget. (1 hour per week)
- Enhance our marketing presence through social media and other online channels and listings. (4.5 hours per week)
- Oversee the procurement and management of print. (0.5 hours per week)
- Future forecasting and management of the marketing budget. (1 hour per week)
- Provide product information to existing clients (1.5 hours per week)
- Produce marketing collateral and marketing approach for our attendance at external and internal conferences and events. (0.5 hours per week)
Full-time hours (42.5 hrs pw)
Remits include all of the PT remits plus the following:
- Attend external conferences and events at which we are exhibiting/sponsoring (up to five each year with one or two overnight stays required). (1.5 hours per week)
- Support the delivery of our primary market research programme with prospective students. (0.5 hours per week)
- Advise on potential future markets and products. (0.5 hours per week)
- Supporting the completion of tender bids. (1 hour per week)
- Establish requirements for new projects from existing clients to provide accurate and relevant project briefs. (3 hours per week)
- Liaise with the Higher Education Client Services team and project managers to produce accurate project quotes. (3 hours per week)
- Use a consultative customer relationship management approach with clients to get quotes approved and log conversations on our Customer Relationship Management system (Zoho). (3 hours per week)
- Log quote details on our internal projects sheet. (0.5 hours per week)
Key Skills, Experience and General Outlook
To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you have exceeded each of the key skills required. If you don’t have the relevant experience and require further training/time to reach the required skill level, then this will be reflected in the salary offered.
- Proven track record of developing, implementing and measuring marketing and communications strategies that deliver results in a commercial environment.
- Proven experience of managing both print and digital marketing and communications projects including: developing creative briefs, working with designers, understanding print production techniques, and using digital communications channels.
- Excellent written English and the ability to write persuasive copy to support the sale of products and to communicate our brand.
- Strong digital and email marketing skills including experience using a variety of social media platforms.
- Eagerness to learn, improve and contribute to the success of our business.
- You will have experience of using Microsoft office, it will be favourable if you have a working knowledge of the InDesign package.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Experience of conducting focus groups and data analysis will be favourable.
Please note: other than your lunch break, we do not accommodate smoking breaks.
- Must have – at least five years of experience working in a similar capacity as required of this role.
- Must have – previous experience working within a commercial organisation is essential.
- Must have – proven experience of delivering multiple projects within tight timeframes.
- Desirable – experience in an agency that produces rich media content.
- Desirable – experience of working in a digital agency that employs 20 or more staff.
- Desirable – sales or account management experience.
Working at RV
Why Work at RV?
Revolution Viewing is a leading Creative Digital Agency that produces world-class solutions. We are a team of 40 people and operate as niche specialists at the top of our game; this is why over 80 UK universities and some of the UK’s largest home-builders keep coming back for more! See what makes us tick – http://www.revolutionviewing.com/about
RV Office 360 virtual tour: http://rv333.com/office-360
Work-life Balance Manifesto
The feedback we receive from our team suggests that this is an unusual policy for an agency, hence the mention here in the job spec. This is from Tom, our CEO: “You will get paid for the hours you work or you will be given the time back.” Quite simply, you will never be asked to work more hours than contracted, without receiving that time back in lieu or being paid overtime.
RV Culture & Values
Ten reasons to apply for a role with Revolution Viewing
- We have a Work-life Balance Manifesto that is policy!
- We produce sector-leading digital media products.
- Our team tell us RV is a great place to work.
- Our clients love what we do and our client satisfaction is extremely high.
- Free lunch – there is such a thing and it happens every day at RV! (for staff working 6 hours or more in a day)
- Every three months we have a team meal, on the company.
- Holiday loyalty scheme – extra holidays for years of service.
- Individual objectives set in annual appraisals and progress reviewed in monthly 1-2-1 meeting with line manager.
- We share our strategy, including mission, direction and financial progress.
- We offer a thorough induction and comprehensive training for your career.
Our Core Values
These values are a key consideration when hiring a new team member; we need to feel each team member shares these values.
- Respect for people
- Veritably fun working environment (contribution to)
- Sustainable progression (we don’t make rash decisions that jeopardise the company)
- Honesty & integrity
- Innovative & dynamic
- Passion & pride (in all that we do)
See top of this document for the application deadline.
Send your email to: email@example.com
Your application must include the following information:
- Please let us know how soon you could start if you are offered a job.
- Let us know where you heard about this vacancy.
- The time & dates of assessment are 2pm-7pm Thursday 1st Aug 2019 & 2pm-7pm Thursday 8th Aug 2019. Please let us know if you can be available on these dates. Note you will only be required to attend one of the assessment session dates, and whilst the session is long in duration, we make our decision based on this one session. Feedback suggests candidates find it useful spending this time in our working environment.
- Attach your current CV.
- Attach a 10-line cover letter outlining how you will add value to our company.
- State whether you want a part-time job, full-time job or either (you can change your mind later, as long as you let us know during the interview).
Please note the successful candidate must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK.
For updates on Revolution Viewing and any vacancies, we recommend you follow us on our social media channels: http://www.revolutionviewing.com/social/
How will RV use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, including complying with any legal obligations, to enable us to manage the recruitment process. We will only share your data with relevant parties as part of our recruitment process and we will not share your data for marketing or employment purposes outside of RV. For more information on RV’s job applicant privacy notice, please follow this link.