At Revolution Viewing, we empower people to make life changing decisions – this is our mission. We do this by producing rich media solutions to help prospective home buyers to select their perfect home and students to select their perfect university. Our clients are the top home builders and universities all over the UK and we are the leading rich media supplier in both sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with a sales and/or marketing background to join our established team.
We work with an array of Home Builders (HB) across the UK, providing a range of different digital marketing solutions to help them sell their product. You will be a main point of contact for our clients, consulting them on the solution that best fits their requirements. You’ll develop a great understanding of the client and help bring new solutions to market.
You will report to our Head of Sales, working closely with them to execute sales and marketing campaigns, grow our existing client base and acquire new business. You’ll also work closely with our Senior Project Coordinator to clearly communicate client requirements in order to pass new projects to our projects team for delivery.
Current top 25 UK HB clients include: Taylor Wimpey, Bellway, Bloor Homes, Miller Homes, Vistry, Countryside Properties, Story Homes, Fairview Homes.
Career progression would see development to a Senior Account Manager where you would take on further remits and responsibilities. Such as account handling your own clients and setting your own meetings and revenue targets for them, as well as managing your own budget to plan and lead on more of our marketing campaigns.
Key areas of responsibility in this role will be the remits of maintaining and growing existing client relationships, executing sales and marketing campaigns and striving for monthly meetings and sales targets.
A Day in the Life
As our HB Sales / Account Manager, you’ll work closely with our Head of Sales to achieve the HB meetings and revenue targets set for the year. To help achieve these targets a major part of your role will be to contact our existing HB clients about their upcoming development launches and marketing activity and provide quotes specific to their requirements. You’ll then create the relevant booking documents to pass the project over to our HB Project Management team.
You will also work alongside our Head of Sales to determine which HB clients we meet with, plan when we’d like to meet with them and then contact them to arrange the meetings. For some of our clients you will attend the meetings with our Head of Sales and this represents an opportunity for you to manage those accounts moving forwards. Following the meetings, you’ll ensure all the meeting follow ups are completed and all the relevant documents are up to date.
You’ll play a significant role in various mini marketing campaigns, including e-newsletters, acquisition of new HB clients and increasing engagement with our existing HB client base. This will include research-based tasks, using LinkedIn, some cold calling, emails and preparing marketing packs.
To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you have at least 2 years experience in a sales role, ideally in the HB sector or within a digital marketing agency and in fulfilling each of the job remits below. If you don’t have the relevant experience and require further training/time to reach the required skill level, then this will be reflected in the salary offered.
- Work closely with our Head of Sales to achieve HB client meetings and financial targets – Key Remit
- Discuss our range of digital marketing products (video, 360 and photography) with our HB clients (speaking with sales and marketing coordinators / managers / directors) and provide quotes for all our HB ‘packaged’ products (approx. 25% of the role)
- Strategically plan which existing key accounts to meet with and book meetings for our Head of Sales and/or Chief Operations Officer (COO) to attend. Book hotels and travel for our Head of Sales/COO when required (approx. 15% of the role)
- Contact prospects to arrange meetings for new business, specific to our marketing strategy (approx. 5% of the role)
- Attend HB client meetings (regional accounts up and down the UK) to discuss client requirements, present our latest and greatest HB products and generate sales pipeline opportunities
- Work with relevant RV team members to gain an in-depth knowledge of all our HB products and solutions to create bespoke quotes which reflect client briefs and which we can deliver (approx. 5% of the role)
- Collate information to ensure every project passed to our internal project team is fully briefed and ready to be executed (approx. 10% of the role)
- Action various elements of the HB annual marketing plan and take the lead on some campaigns (approx. 10% of the role)
- Ensure HB marketing packs (meeting hand out packs), presentations and meeting notes are on brand, prepared to the highest standard and to deadline, ready for client meetings (approx. 5% of the role)
- Work closely with our Head of Sales and /or COO to ensure ‘post-meeting’ information and quotations are sent on brief and in a timely fashion (approx. 10% of the role)
- Maintain key account records on a regular basis to assist our Head of Sales and ensure account accuracy (approx. 5% of the role)
- Regularly review the HB industry and competitors and report any relevant findings back to our Head of Sales (approx. 5% of the role)
- Support our Senior Project Coordinator with some administrative tasks (approx. 5% of the role)
- Actively contribute to the creative solutions and excellent customer service we provide
Key Skills, Experience & General Outlook
- Exceptional communication skills which enable you to build and maintain strong client and colleague relationships and confidently represent RV’s people and products
- Great people skills and a consultative approach to sales
- Use your people, negotiation and influencing skills to get quotes approved
- Determination to achieve sales targets, meeting targets and contribute to the success of our business
- The ability to represent RV professionally at all times in both verbal and written communication but with a friendly, enthusiastic and personal nature
- Able to quickly build rapport with existing and prospective clients and adapt your approach accordingly
- Able to quickly grasp client requirements, solve client problems, arrive at a solution and clearly communicate these solutions
- Exceptional time management and attention to detail, reviewing and suggesting refinements to works-in-progress
- Able to manage multiple tasks at any one time and re-prioritise workload where necessary
- An excellent grasp of Google Drive, Word and Excel are essential
- Detailed knowledge of the home building, sales and buying process is desirable
- Essential: At least two years in a sales and / or marketing role
- Desirable: Experience of working within the home builder industry
- Desirable: Experience of supplying visual content solutions to home builders
- Inquisitive – always looking for a different way to approach a barrier or problem, able to spot the insight (whether from client or industry) amongst an array of information
- An energetic and positive approach to work
- Determination to achieve sales targets
- Alignment with our company core values
Working at RV
Why work at RV?
Revolution Viewing is a leading Creative Digital Agency that produces world-class solutions. We are a team of 19 people and operate as niche specialists at the top of our game; this is why over 110 UK universities and some of the UK’s largest home builders keep coming back for more! See what makes us tick – http://www.revolutionviewing.com/about
Working from Office / Home
The Board is keen to provide employees with the flexibility to choose working patterns and working locations (office, home, hybrid) that will support their work-life balance, maintain our great working culture and encourage team collaboration. All of our employees currently have the freedom to choose where they work from, be that from home or from one of our two office options. A number of our team regularly make use of Avenue HQ’s flexible, coworking office space on East Parade in Leeds City Centre. With a cafe on the ground floor, numerous meeting room facilities throughout the building for client, group and full team meetings and a rooftop bar, it’s perfectly equipped to cater for our team’s needs.
We also have an office situated on Kirkstall Rd on the outskirts of Leeds City Centre. This is a more functional office space hosting our company’s network but also providing work stations, collaborative / break-out space, a formal meeting room and providing plenty of free car parking spaces.
Who we are (Team & Office)
Work-Life Balance Manifesto
The feedback we receive from our team suggests that this is an unusual policy for such a business, hence the mention here in the job spec. This is from Tom, our CEO: “You will get paid for the hours you work or you will be given the time back.” Quite simply, you will never be asked to work more hours than contracted, without receiving that time back in lieu or being paid overtime.
10 Reasons to Apply for a Role with Revolution Viewing
- We have a Work-life Balance Manifesto that is policy!
- Our team tell us RV is a great place to work
- We produce sector-leading digital media products
- Our clients love what we do and our client satisfaction is extremely high
- Every six weeks we have a whole team catch-up / social
- Generous bonus scheme
- Holiday loyalty scheme – extra holidays for years of service
- Individual objectives set in annual appraisals and progress reviewed in monthly 1:1 meeting with your line manager
- We share our strategy, including mission, direction and financial progress
- We offer a thorough induction and comprehensive training for your career
Our Core Values
These values are a key consideration when hiring a new team member; we need to feel each team member shares these values:
- Respect for people
- Veritably fun working environment (contribution to)
- Sustainable progression (we don’t make rash decisions that jeopardise the company)
- Honesty & integrity
- Innovative & dynamic
- Passion & pride (in all we do)
- See top of this page for the application deadline.
- Send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your application must include the following information:
- Please let us know how soon you could start if you are offered a job
- Let us know where you heard about this vacancy
- As part of our recruitment process we will be conducting 1st stage interviews (via video call) before inviting candidates to assessment/2nd stage interviews. The dates of the 1st stage interviews will be the 26th, 27th & 28th September (times for interviews will be confirmed with candidates following the application deadline). Please let us know if you can be available on these dates. Note: you will only be required to attend one of these dates
- Applicants successful at the 1st interview stage will then be invited to assessment/2nd stage interview. The dates for assessment/2nd stage interview are the 5th &12th October. Again, please let us know if you can be available on these dates and again, you will only be required to attend one of these dates. Note: Whilst we’re asking you to commit this day to the 2nd stage interview, we make our decision based on this one session. Feedback suggests candidates find it useful spending this time in our working environment (COVID-19 guidelines permitting)
- Attach your current CV
- Attach a 10-line cover letter outlining how you will add value to our company
Please note: the successful candidate must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK.
For updates on Revolution Viewing and any vacancies, we recommend you follow us on our social media channels.
How will RV use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, including complying with any legal obligations, to enable us to manage the recruitment process. We will only share your data with relevant parties as part of our recruitment process and we will not share your data for marketing or employment purposes outside of RV. For more information on RV’s job applicant privacy notice, please follow this link.