*Re-Advertised Vacancy – Full-disclosure from Tom (CEO)
“For those that saw this advert only recently and wonder why we are re-advertising, we got it wrong and had very few applicants. Exactly why we got it wrong is hard to know for sure, but we’ve increased the salary, increased the days holiday allowance and changed some of the categories under which the advert in promoted online.
For those that like to understand why a vacancy arises, we had a fantastic individual working with us for 5 years but it was time for her to move to another city, leaving an opportunity for someone new to be hired.
Thanks and good luck, Tom.”
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced account executive to join a growing company which is world-leading in the areas in which we operate. At Revolution Viewing we empower people to make life changing decisions – this is our mission. We do that by producing rich media solutions to help prospective students to select their perfect university and home buyers to select their perfect home. Our clients are universities and the top home builders all over the UK and we are the leading rich media supplier in both sectors.
Whilst established in these sectors and our current marketing activities work well for us, our growth over recent years, particularly in higher education, means that we need to invest in our marketing to ensure that we stay at the top of our game and so that we can drive forward our most profitable products.
For this new role, we are looking for a confident and enthusiastic account executive with excellent communication skills, especially over the phone and by email, and who is great with numbers. We need a driven individual who can be passionate about our products and clients and who is motivated by gaining results. Our ideal candidate will have a consultative approach to sales – the “hard sell” is not a fit for our core values, nor is it appreciated by our clients. This role is all about listening to our clients’ requirements and working collaboratively with them to ensure that you advise on products and pricing to meet their needs. The results will follow.
A Day in the life
Typically, you’ll start your day checking your inbox to review emails from existing clients. The majority of these emails will be from clients requesting quotes or to set up a telephone call for you to take a brief from them so that you can advise on the best way forward and get quotes or guide pricing back to them.
You’ll also spend some time in the morning and afternoon proactively contacting clients by telephone and email to check that they have received previous communication and to handle any queries they may have. The majority of this work will relate to existing client accounts where you will be growing the relationship with these clients. From time to time – perhaps once or twice per month – you will contact clients who haven’t worked with us before but whom are likely to have a need for our services in order for us to expand our client base.
After each touch point with a client, you’ll update our CRM system, Zoho, with the outcome of all client communication and steps for your next action. You’ll also update our projects sheet with the details of any quotes that have been sent to clients and the likelihood of these quotes being approved and you will work towards quotes being approved. We have an impressive conversion rate so this work is usually enjoyable!
In between these client-facing tasks, you might spend some time working on personal tasks that will relate to keeping abreast of related university sector products as well as receiving training on innovations of our own products.
At the end of the day, you’ll briefly update your line manager, our Senior Account Manager, of your progress with clients and get support for how to deal with any upcoming communication you have planned. And each week, you will attend a meeting with all client-facing team members who work with our university clients – from sales and marketing to project managers and project specialists, to share key client information and plans for the upcoming week.
You will be part of the Higher Education Client Services (sales and marketing) team, so once a month you will attend a team meeting with this core team to get updates about your team’s specific areas of responsibility, to review results and upcoming income targets and to ensure that workload and resource is managed across the team.
- Support university account sales and marketing activity.
- Work with our Commercial Director and Senior Account Manager to achieve annual turnover targets from university accounts.
- Generate new business from existing accounts and support the development of new accounts.
- Support the delivery of research presentations, workshops and pitches at universities up and down the UK.
- Establish client requirements and provide accurate and impactful briefs.
- Advise our university clients on the best solution for their needs.
- Work with relevant RV team members to gain an in-depth knowledge of all our products to create quotes which reflect client briefs and which we can deliver.
- Use your people, negotiation and influencing skills to get quotes approved.
- Assimilate and clearly communicate all relevant information from the client in order to pass approved projects to our projects team for delivery.
- Keep abreast of sector trends and competitor work and positively influencing RV’s products and services accordingly.
- Represent RV professionally at all times in both verbal and written communication but with a friendly, enthusiastic and personal nature.
- Be an inspirational team player who contributes to the wider team.
Key Skills, Experience and General Outlook
To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you have exceeded each of the key skills required. If you don’t have the relevant experience and require further training/time to reach the required skill level, then this will be reflected in the salary offered.
- Excellent communication skills which enable you to build and maintain strong client relationships and confidently represent RV’s and products and services.
- Ability to build rapport and trust with clients over the phone.
- Excellent numeracy to ensure the creation of accurate quotes.
- Excellent written skills to ensure the creation of accurate product descriptions and emails.
- Excellent organisational skills to ensure that tasks are completed on time.
- Quickly build rapport with existing and prospective clients and adapt your approach accordingly.
- Have exceptional negotiation, influencing and people skills, with a consultative approach to sales – the “hard sell” doesn’t work for us or for our clients.
- Energetic and positive approach to work.
- Determination to achieve sales targets.
Please note: other than your lunch break, we do not accommodate smoking breaks.
- At least two years account management experience is essential.
- Proof of achieving sales targets is essential.
- Having a university degree at any level in any subject is essential – having personal experience of going to university is helpful in building rapport with clients and empathy with our clients.
- Having worked with a customer relationship management system or approach is desirable.
- Project management experience is desirable.
- Whilst prior line management experience is not essential, your potential to become a line manager of the future at RV is desirable.
- Knowledge of the undergraduate student recruitment cycle for both UK and international students within UK Higher Education is desirable.
- If your university degree is not related to sales, marketing or communications, then a professional marketing qualification (such as CIM) is desirable.
- Experience working in a university student recruitment or marketing function, or at least two years’ experience of supplying student recruitment products/services to universities is desirable.
Working at RV
Why Work at RV?
Revolution Viewing is a leading Creative Digital Agency that produces world-class solutions. We are a team of 40 people and operate as niche specialists at the top of our game; this is why over 90 UK universities and some of the UK’s largest home-builders keep coming back for more! See what makes us tick –
RV Office 360 virtual tour: http://rv333.com/office-360
Work-life Balance Manifesto
The feedback we receive from our team suggests that this is an unusual policy for an agency, hence the mention here in the job spec. This is from Tom, our CEO: “You will get paid for the hours you work or you will be given the time back.” Quite simply, you will never be asked to work more hours than contracted, without receiving that time back in lieu or being paid overtime.
RV Culture & Values
Ten reasons to apply for a role with Revolution Viewing
- We have a Work-life Balance Manifesto that is policy!
- We produce sector-leading digital media products.
- Our team tell us RV is a great place to work.
- Our clients love what we do and our client satisfaction is extremely high.
- Free lunch – there is such a thing and it happens every day at RV! (for staff working 6 hours or more in a day)
- Every three months we have a team meal, on the company.
- Holiday loyalty scheme – extra holidays for years of service.
- Individual objectives set in annual appraisals and progress reviewed in monthly 1-2-1 meeting with line manager.
- We share our strategy, including mission, direction and financial progress.
- We offer a thorough induction and comprehensive training for your career.
Our Core Values
These values are a key consideration when hiring a new team member; we need to feel each team member shares these values.
- Respect for people
- Veritably fun working environment (contribution to)
- Sustainable progression (we don’t make rash decisions that jeopardise the company)
- Honesty & integrity
- Innovative & dynamic
- Passion & pride (in all that we do)
See top of this document for the application deadline.
Send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application must include the following information:
- Let us know how you were notified about this vacancy.
- The time & dates of assessment are 2pm-7pm Monday 2nd Sept 2019 & 2pm-7pm Tuesday 10th Sept 2019. Please let us know if you can be available on these dates. Note you will only be required to attend one of the assessment session dates, and whilst the session is long in duration, we make our decision based on this one session. Feedback suggests candidates find it useful spending this time in our working environment.
- Attach (PDF or Word doc) your current CV.
- Attach (PDF or Word doc) a 10-line cover letter outlining how you will add value to our company.
- Please let us know how soon you could start if you are offered a job.
Please note the successful candidate must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK.
For updates on Revolution Viewing and any vacancies, we recommend you follow us on our social media channels: http://www.revolutionviewing.com/social/
How will RV use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, including complying with any legal obligations, to enable us to manage the recruitment process. We will only share your data with relevant parties as part of our recruitment process and we will not share your data for marketing or employment purposes outside of RV. For more information on RV’s job applicant privacy notice, please follow this link.