This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Account Manager to join the Revolution Viewing team during an exciting time of growth and new strategic direction for our 26 person company. You will report into the Board.
In this new role, you will be responsible for managing an Account Manager, helping the company to deliver financial and client-focused key results and objectives relating to our education clients. Whilst our Account Manager will have responsibility for their own clients, you will support and coach our Account Manager, advising on the best approach and providing training where appropriate. You will also have responsibility for maintaining and developing relationships with our existing top tier of clients across Higher Education and Further Education. You will be responsible for driving new business and implementing strategies to win new clients and to develop these client relationships yourself and with the support of our Account Manager.
As someone with a proven track record in sales and customer relationship management, you will be a senior lead at Revolution Viewing in setting sales forecasts for education and in reporting progress to the Board of Directors.
One of your key responsibilities within your first year in the role will be to drive the sale of our new Virtual Experience 2.0 product to existing, and new, higher education clients. You will also support our Account Manager in a new campaign to sell virtual tours to the further education sector.
You will work closely with our Technical Director on new product development and the setting of pricing for new and existing products. And you will work closely with our Marketing Manager to ensure our marketing activity supports our revenue targets for the education sector.
Remote working – if remote working is your preference (it’s working well for our team at present) then we are open to discussing your requirements during interview; however, we do feel that having regular face-to-face contact with your team (at least once per week – where government guidelines permit this) is an important element of this particular role. We will also expect you to meet clients face-to-face wherever possible and appropriate so you will be expected to travel to clients around the UK, typically for two out of five days per week.
To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you have at least 10 years experience of each of the essential job remits and key skills below. If you also have experience of the desired remits and key skills, that will be reflected in the salary offered.
- Be responsible for managing and supporting university account sales and client relationship management activity
- Work with our Board and Account Manager to forecast and achieve annual turnover targets
- Generate a substantive sales opportunity pipeline capable of exceeding £1.3m
- Generate new business from existing accounts and increase the average solution value of these accounts
- Proactively generate new accounts via a consultative approach to sales
- Secure, attend and lead client meetings and deliver research presentations and pitches at universities up and down the UK
- Establish client requirements and provide accurate and impactful briefs
- Assimilate and clearly communicate all relevant information from the client in order to pass approved projects to our projects team for delivery
- Be responsible for keeping abreast of sector trends and competitor work and positively influencing RV’s products and services
- Represent RV professionally at all times in both verbal and written communication but with a friendly, enthusiastic and personal nature
- Report your account progress monthly to our Board of Directors
- Be an inspirational team player who contributes to the wider team
- Work closely with our Marketing Manager to plan and oversee the delivery of all marketing communications for education clients
- Training and workshop facilitation – developing and delivering training sessions for team members and clients
Key Skills, Job Tasks, Experience and General Outlook
- Experience: at least three years proven, successful and sustained sales track record
- Experience: achievement of an annual turnover target of at least £1m
- Experience: at least three years proven success in managing commercial relationships with senior stakeholders
- Experience: at least three years experience of managing people
- Knowledge: absolute understanding of the sales cycle/process
- Skills: exceptional and wide-ranging communication skills which enable you to build and maintain strong client relationships and confidently represent RV’s people and products
- Skills: exceptional attention to detail, particularly related to numeracy and target forecasting
- Skills: excellent communicator (written and verbal) with the ability to adapt your approach to clients and team members
- Qualifications: a university qualification at any level in any subject is essential – having personal experience of going to university is helpful in building rapport with our Higher Education clients which currently form our biggest market
- General outlook: an energetic and positive approach to work
- General outlook: determination to achieve sales targets
- Experience: experience of supplying rich media solutions to universities
- Experience: experience in selling web-based, video and photography products and/or SaaS products
- Experience: delivering, or managing, B2B marketing activities
- Knowledge: an understanding of digital marketing within higher and/or further education and the student recruitment cycle within these markets
- Qualifications: if your university degree is not related to sales and marketing, then a professional marketing qualification (such as CIM) is desirable
Working at RV
Revolution Viewing is a leading creative digital agency that produces world-class solutions. We are a team of 26 people and operate as niche specialists at the top of our game; this is why over 100 UK universities and some of the UK’s largest home-builders keep coming back for more! See what makes us tick.
Work-life balance manifesto
The feedback we receive from our team suggests that this is an unusual policy for an agency, hence the mention here in the job spec. This is from Tom, our CEO: “You will get paid for the hours you work or you will be given the time back.” Quite simply, you will never be asked to work more hours than contracted, without receiving that time back in lieu or being paid overtime.
10 reasons to apply for a role with Revolution Viewing
- Remote working
- We produce sector-leading digital media products
- Our team tell us RV is a great place to work
- Our clients love what we do and our client satisfaction is extremely high
- Every three months we have a team meal (to return post-Covid!)
- Holiday loyalty scheme – extra holidays for years of service
- Individual objectives set in annual appraisals and progress reviewed in monthly 1:1 meeting with your line manager
- We have a Work-life Balance Manifesto that is policy!
- We share our strategy, including mission, direction and financial progress
- We offer a thorough induction and comprehensive training for your career
Our core values
These values are a key consideration when hiring a new team member; we need to feel each team member shares these values.
- Respect for people
- Veritably fun working environment (contribution to)
- Sustainable progression (we don’t make rash decisions that jeopardise the company)
- Honesty & integrity
- Innovative & dynamic
- Passion & pride (in all we do)
See top of this page for the application deadline.
Send your email to: email@example.com
- Please let us know how soon you could start if you are offered a job
- Let us know where you heard about this vacancy
- Attach your current CV
- Attach a 10 line cover letter outlining how you will add value to our company
For updates on Revolution Viewing and any vacancies, we recommend you follow us on our social media channels: www.revolutionviewing.com/social
How will RV use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, including complying with any legal obligations, to enable us to manage the recruitment process. We will only share your data with relevant parties as part of our recruitment process and we will not share your data for marketing or employment purposes outside of RV. For more information on RV’s job applicant privacy notice, please follow this link.