Whilst the position advertised is for a Project Manager, we’d very much welcome applications from Customer Success Managers – and given the wide remit of this role, we’d be open to discussions on the most appropriate title for the right candidate.
At Revolution Viewing, we empower people to make life changing decisions – this is our mission. We do that by producing rich media solutions to help prospective students to select their perfect university and home buyers to select their perfect home. Our clients are universities and the top home builders all over the UK and we are the leading rich media supplier in both sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an organised, client-focused project manager with good communication skills to join a talented team at a very exciting time in our company’s growth. Building on the 15+ years of experience we’ve had creating virtual tours for universities, in February 2021 we launched our new virtual experience platform, Vepple. We’re looking for an experienced Project Manager to oversee the delivery of our Vepple projects, taking a client from initial onboarding, through population support to the point of completion.
Example Vepple sites
A Day in the Life
Your day will start with the web team meeting, where the team confirms what they are working on that day and any queries are flagged. Off the back of this, if we need to make contact with any clients to assist the team, you’ll set yourself a reminder to do this at an appropriate time based on the urgency and priority of the blocked task. When a web product is converted by our Client Services team, it passes over to you. From this point onwards, you’ll be the primary point of contact, up to the point of launch. As such, your next job is to send out an introduction email, pencilling in dates for an initial onboarding meeting with a new client that we’ve not worked with before.
You’ll next move on to one such meeting for another client. Your job will be to ‘onboard’ the client to Vepple, introducing/ recapping on the features and functionality Vepple offers as well as outlining the steps to progress from onboarding to launch. After the call, you’ll send a follow up email to the client to confirm next steps, and update Accelo, our project management system, on the status of their project and next steps.
After this, you’ll move over to the Vepple Jira board, to check if there are any tickets marked as done that are new features. If so, you will write and publish a knowledge base article – outlining how Vepple clients can get the most from these new features along with step by step instructions outlining how to populate these features in the CMS.
Whilst you have been working through this, several queries have been received on the Vepple support desk – you work through these replying to clients on their queries – recording ‘how-to’ (screenshot) videos where appropriate and/or linking to knowledge base articles that will help them solve their query. For any bugs raised, you reply to the client to thank them for raising the issue and escalate the bug to the developers by creating a ticket on Jira.
The final item of your day is to hold a Vepple CMS workshop with a Vepple client halfway through their onboarding process. On the workshop you demonstrate how to populate key features of the Vepple site – showing examples already built and then walking through how that example has been built. After the workshop, you follow up with an email to the client to confirm the items covered on the call, links to relevant knowledge base articles and confirm the next steps – finally, you update Accelo on the status of the project.
Before you finish for the day, you’ll review Accelo to check all of the tasks you were scheduled to work on/due that day have been completed, updating tasks as required.
- Lead on client comms from the point of handover from RV’s Client Service team to project closure/go-live
- Running onboarding calls and (virtual) workshops with clients to our university virtual experience platform, Vepple
- Managing and responding to inbound support queries on our ticketing system (powered by Zendesk)
- Ensuring all internal tasks relating to a project are undertaken (mainly by you) including:
- Project schedules (gantt charts) are created and maintained
- Project status is updated
- Invoices are generated and logged in relevant systems
- Writing self-serve knowledge base articles outlining how to get the most from new features
- Administration of internal and external meetings including taking and circulating minutes and actions.
There are sometimes opportunities outside of the essential remits for a person to add value in an area where they have a particular interest or expertise.
- Testing new features/bug fixes as part of the Vepple development QA process
- Resource management for members of the web team
- Exceptional communication skills, offering clients professional reassurance and security – the client is to feel that they are in experienced and safe hands
- First class organisational skills. You will regularly have multiple tasks competing for your attention in and around the non-moveable meetings that you have scheduled. It’s imperative that you’re organised to keep on top of this and can prioritise tasks effectively and efficiently
- You have a razor sharp focus on attention to detail
- Confidence to lead a virtual meeting with one or multiple clients on the call. Occasionally, there may be a requirement for you to attend in-person meetings too
- The ability to quickly grasp sophisticated client requirements and solve client problems
- The ability to listen and consider the comments and advice given by team members whilst having the confidence to operate autonomously and make sound judgement calls based upon your experience and the evidence presented to you in any given situation
- Ability to read, manage and produce Gantt charts
- You have an interest in web development
- Experience of working on / helping to deliver SaaS platforms
- At least three years of experience as a Project or Customer Success Manager in a commercial capacity
- Proven experience of successfully managing multiple concurrent projects from start to finish
- You are familiar with Zendesk, Jira and/or Accelo
- Experience of working on software/web projects
Working at RV
Revolution Viewing is a leading Creative Digital Agency that produces world-class solutions. We are a team of 27 people and operate as niche specialists at the top of our game; this is why over 110 UK universities and some of the UK’s largest home builders keep coming back for more!
Working from Home/Office
Like many businesses, RV’s employees have supported the government’s efforts and followed their advice by working from home for an extended period. During this time RV has been able to maintain its operations and close-knit culture. As such, the Board is keen to provide employees with the flexibility to choose working patterns and working locations (office, home, hybrid) that will support their work-life balance, maintain our great working culture and encourage team collaboration. Businesses have been returning to their offices (in some capacity) throughout the summer/autumn of 2021 and RV has been no different. But, how we use our office space moving forwards will be different and it will be driven by our culture, our needs and ultimately our people!
Work-life balance manifesto
The feedback we receive from our team suggests that this is an unusual policy for an agency, hence the mention here in the job spec. This is from Tom, our CEO: “You will get paid for the hours you work or you will be given the time back.” Quite simply, you will never be asked to work more hours than contracted, without receiving that time back in lieu or being paid overtime.
Please note: other than your lunch break, we do not accommodate smoking breaks.
10 Reasons to Apply for a Role with Revolution Viewing
- We produce sector-leading digital media products
- Our team tell us RV is a great place to work
- Our clients love what we do and our client satisfaction is extremely high
- Every three months we have a team social (COVID permitting!)
- Holiday loyalty scheme – extra holidays for years of service
- Individual objectives set in annual appraisals and progress reviewed in monthly 1:1 meeting with your line manager
- We have a Work-life Balance Manifesto that is policy!
- Potential for a team-wide bonus from our RV Bonus Scheme
- We share our strategy, including mission, direction and financial progress
- We offer a thorough induction and comprehensive training for your career
Our Core Values
These values are a key consideration when hiring a new team member; we need to feel each team member shares these values:
- Respect for people
- Veritably fun working environment (contribution to)
- Sustainable progression (we don’t make rash decisions that jeopardise the company)
- Honesty & integrity
- Innovative & dynamic
- Passion & pride (in all we do)
- See top of this page for the application deadline.
- Send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your application must include the following information:
- Please let us know how soon you could start if you are offered a job
- Let us know where you heard about this vacancy
- As part of our recruitment process we will be conducting 1st stage interviews (via video call) before inviting successful candidates to assessment/2nd stage interviews at our offices. The dates of the 1st stage interviews will be the 19th, 20th & 21st January (times for video interviews will be confirmed with candidates following the application deadline). Please let us know if you can be available on these dates. Note: you will only be required to attend one of these dates
- Applicants successful at the 1st interview stage will then be invited to assessment/2nd stage interview at our offices. The dates for assessment/2nd stage interview are the 27th January & 1st February, approx. 10:45am – 5pm; however times will be confirmed following 1st stage interviews. Again, please let us know if you can be available on these dates and again, you will only be required to attend one of these dates. Note: whilst this session is long in duration, we make our decision based on this one session. Feedback suggests candidates find it useful spending this time in our working environment (COVID-19 guidelines permitting)
- Attach your current CV
- Attach a 10-line cover letter outlining how you will add value to our company
Please note: the successful candidate must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK.
For updates on Revolution Viewing and any vacancies, we recommend you follow us on our social media channels.
How will RV use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, including complying with any legal obligations, to enable us to manage the recruitment process. We will only share your data with relevant parties as part of our recruitment process and we will not share your data for marketing or employment purposes outside of RV. For more information on RV’s job applicant privacy notice, please follow this link.
No recruitment agencies – thank you.