This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with a sales and/or marketing background to join our established team working with home builders (HB) across the UK to produce quality digital marketing content. You will be the main client facing representative for the HB team and given significant responsibility from day one.
As our HB Account Manager, you will be responsible for all business within the HB sector. At the start of each RV financial year, you will be involved with setting HB turnover and meeting targets with our Commercial Director. To hit these targets, you will work closely with our HB Account Executive to request, review and approve quotes for CG, video, 360 virtual tour and photography projects. You will also work alongside our HB Account Executive to determine which clients we meet with and when.
Generally once a project has been passed from the Client Services team to the Projects team, this will be the end of your involvement with the project. However, your input may be required at various stages for bespoke and CG projects to ensure it fits the client brief and expectations; often you will have attended a client meeting at the start of the project, so you will have the best understanding of their requirements.
Once a client meeting has been booked, you will be the main RV representative for attending these meetings, which will generally see you out the office on average 1 or 2 days a week. These meetings vary from meeting with regional Sales & Marketing Coordinators, Managers & Directors, to the Group Head of Marketing for a Top 5 UK home builder. The topics you will discuss will range from briefing in our ‘bread and butter’ projects to discussing more detailed CG animations, bespoke video projects or new technical and/or branding updates.
Regular updates on progress will be presented to our Company Directors in monthly Board meetings.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Client Services team. You will:
- Generate business from new and existing accounts with UK home builders.
- Book key account meetings and attend all regional and head office account meetings up and down the UK to generate sales pipeline opportunities.
- Be a Line Manager to our HB Account Executive.
- Work with our HB Account Executive to ensure ‘post-meeting’ information & quotes are sent in a timely fashion.
- Work with relevant RV team members to gain an in-depth knowledge of all our HB solutions to create & request quotes which reflect client briefs and which we can deliver.
- Assimilate and clearly communicate all relevant information from the client in order to pass approved projects to our projects team for delivery.
- Work with our Commercial Director and HB Account Executive to forecast and achieve annual turnover and meeting targets & develop and deliver our HB marketing plan.
- Be responsible for managing and supporting HB account sales and marketing activity.
- Review solution profitability, pricing & packages and actively contribute to the creative solutions we provide, ensuring we remain competitive in the industry.
- Report your account progress monthly to our Board of Directors.
- Represent RV professionally at all times in both verbal and written communication but with a friendly, enthusiastic and personal nature.
- Be responsible for keeping abreast of sector trends and competitor work and positively influencing RV’s products and services.
- Be an inspirational team player who contributes to the wider team.
Key Skills, General Outlook & Experience
To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you have exceeded each of the key skills required. If you don’t have the relevant experience and require further training/time to reach the required skill level, this will be reflected in the salary offered.
Key Skills & General Outlook
- Exceptional and wide-ranging communication skills which enable you to build and maintain strong client and internal relationships and confidently represent RV’s people and products.
- Able to quickly grasp client requirements, solve client problems, arrive at a solution and clearly communicate these solutions to the client and RV team members.
- Exceptional time management and attention to detail, reviewing and suggesting refinements to works-in-progress and systems – particularly related to numeracy, quoting and target forecasting.
- Ability to manage many tasks at once, re-prioritizing where necessary and working in a logical manner.
- Absolute understanding of the sales cycle/process.
- Detailed knowledge of the home building and buying process is desirable.
- Determination to achieve sales targets, meeting targets and contribute to the success of our business.
- An energetic and positive approach to work.
- An excellent grasp of Google Drive, Word & Excel are essential.
- A University degree at any level in any subject is essential. If your degree is not related to sales and marketing, then a professional marketing qualification (such as CIM) is desirable.
- Please note: other than your lunch break, we do not accommodate smoking breaks.
- At least three years proven, successful and sustained sales track record, (within a similar company to RV would be desirable).
- At least three years proven success in managing commercial relationships with middle management & senior stakeholders.
- Experience of supplying rich media solutions to home builders is desirable.
- Whilst prior line management experience is desirable, your potential to become a line manager at RV is essential.
Working at RV
Why Work at RV?
Revolution Viewing is a leading Creative Digital Agency that produces world-class solutions. We are a team of 34 people and operate as niche specialists at the top of our game; this is why over 80 UK universities and some of the UK’s largest home builders keep coming back for more!
See what makes us tick – http://www.revolutionviewing.com/about
2017 Showreel: http://revv.eu/SR2017
RV Office 360 virtual tour: https://revv.eu/rv-office
Recent RV Projects
Story Homes Exterior CG Animation: http://revv.eu/CGa-ext1
Harworth Lifestyle Video: http://revv.eu/hw-LiV
Crest Nicholson Show Home Video: http://revv.eu/ShV-P3
Work-life Balance Manifesto
The feedback we receive from our team suggests that this is an unusual policy for an agency, hence the mention here in the job spec. This is from Tom, our CEO: “You will get paid for the hours you work or you will be given the time back.” Quite simply, you will never be asked to work more hours than contracted, without receiving that time back in lieu or being paid overtime. Note that travelling to and from meetings is logged as working time at RV, so arriving back late from a meeting means you get time back or paid additional hours.
RV Culture & Values
Ten reasons to apply for a role with RV
- We have a Work-life Balance Manifesto that is policy.
- We produce sector-leading digital media products.
- Our team tell us RV is a great place to work.
- Our clients love what we do and our client satisfaction is extremely high.
- Free lunch – there is such a thing and it happens every day at RV!
- Every three months we have a team meal, on the company.
- Holiday loyalty scheme – extra holidays for years of service.
- Individual objectives set in annual appraisals and progress reviewed in monthly 1-2-1 meeting with line manager.
- We share our strategy, including mission, direction and financial progress.
- We offer a thorough induction and comprehensive training for your career.
Our Core Values
These values are a key consideration when hiring a new team member; we need to feel each team member shares these values.
- Respect for people
- Veritably fun working environment (contribution to)
- Sustainable progression (we don’t make rash decisions that jeopardise the company)
- Honesty & integrity
- Innovative & dynamic
- Passion & pride (in all that we do)
Testimonial – Dan Robinson (RV Senior Developer – 2010-2018)
I’ve been at RV for eight years now. I wasn’t here at the start, but I’ve been here long enough to see the team grow from ten people in a single room to the 35+ people we are today. Honestly, leaving RV has been one of the hardest choices I’ve ever had to make. There’s genuinely not a person here that I don’t like and there’s nobody I wouldn’t trust. We make incredible things. Everyone I know is blown away by our CG work, our videos are cutting-edge across all sectors and our web development is perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs. Our project management is so good that some of our clients have adopted our systems themselves! I want to say that RV is filled with some of the most talented people I’ve ever met, but it wouldn’t be true. You’re all skilled, and the reason you’re all so damn good at what you do is because every one of you works hard. Every one of you tries to outdo themselves and nobody settles for “good enough”.
An extract from an email that the team received from Dan when leaving RV in July 2018
See the top of this document for the application deadline.
Please submit all of the following:
- Attach a 10-line cover letter outlining how you will add value to our company.
- Attach your current CV – include links to your showreel and/or projects (if applicable).
- Please let us know how soon you could start if you are offered a job.
- Let us know where you heard about this vacancy.
- The time & dates of assessment are 3-8pm on Wednesday 26th September 2018 or 3-8pm on Monday 1st October 2018. Please let us know if you can be available on these dates. Please note you will only be required to attend one of the assessment sessions, and that whilst the session is long in duration, we make our decision based on this one session. Feedback suggests candidates find it useful spending this time in our working environment.
Please send the 5 items above via email to: email@example.com
For updates on Revolution Viewing and any vacancies, we recommend you follow us on our social media channels: http://www.revolutionviewing.com/social/
How will RV use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, including complying with any legal obligations, to enable us to manage the recruitment process. We will only share your data with relevant parties as part of our recruitment process and we will not share your data for marketing or employment purposes outside of RV. For more information on RV’s job applicant privacy notice, please follow this link.
- Location: Leeds (LS12 2DU)
- Salary: £33,000 - £42,000
- Hours of Work: 42.5 hours per week, flexible working day with ‘core hours’ 9am-5pm
- Annual Leave: 30 days (flexible up to 35 days with pro-rata salary deduction)
- Pension: Contribution to a pension in line with the mandatory government Workplace Pension Scheme
- Application Deadline: Monday 17th September 2018