This is a fantastic opportunity for a creative individual to join a very talented team – planning, co-ordinating and taking control of the scheduling and delivery of Higher Education (HE) video projects at RV – you will be the backbone of the HE Video Production team and will be involved in every project.
Our showreel will give you a flavour of the kind of engaging video content we’re currently producing, however, at RV we are constantly trying to push the envelope, every year our clients trust us more and more, they provide greater budgets and increasingly rely on our creative ability.
Typical route of progression would be promotion to Senior Associate Producer and then Producer/Director.
When a Higher Education video or animation project is converted by our Client Services team it gets passed over to you. From this point onwards you will have full contact with the project right up to the point where the assets are delivered to the client.
You will start by assigning a Producer to the project and finalising (you will often have produced the Gantt chart for the Client Services team as part of their quoting process) the Gantt chart. You will work with our Studio Manager to book the correct internal team member resource for the project and you will book freelancers when required for location work.
Once resource is allocated you will liaise with the client and book suitable dates for the Producer to attend the Discovery (kick-off) meeting and the shoot. You will create the project schedule and call sheet; book the hotels and transport and co-ordinate pre-project calls between the client, the Producer and yourself.
After the video has been shot, you will support the Producer during the post-production phase and often work with the Studio Manager and the Editor, to clarify various elements of the video edit. For the right candidate there will be opportunities to offer creative input, when experience suggests this will add value to the project.
During the pre and post production stages there will often be project scope changes, you will agree changes with the client (with advice from the Producer) and be able to use our system to log how such scope changes affect the budget, this ensures all scope changes are in one place ready for when you create the final invoice.
You will then deliver version 1 of the video to the client and help to collate feedback. You will liaise with the Producer, Editor and/or Motion Designer on amendments – working closely with the Studio Manager along the way when resources time-frames need adjusting.
Once the 2nd and 3rd rounds of feedback and amends are complete, you will deliver the final video to the client along with the invoice and inform Client Services that the client is now ready for the post-project debrief. Project finished!
Key Skills & Experience
- Must have – at least two years of experience working in a similar capacity as required of this role.
- Must have – previous experience working within a digital agency or video production company is essential.
- Must have – proven experience of delivering multiple projects within tight time-frames.
- Desirable – a background in camera operating and/or editing.
- Desirable – experience of working in a digital agency that employs 20 or more staff.
- Ability to manage many tasks at once, re-prioritising where necessary and working in a logical manner.
- You like things to be done efficiently and enjoy making contributions to that effect.
- A great communicator. If you need help you ask. You appreciate how essential it is to communicate with team members and you are able to work under your own autonomy.
- Very articulate – you speak clearly and confidently when on the phone.
- An excellent grasp of written English and you can confidently and quickly structure a well worded, perfectly spelt and grammatically correct email.
- Eagerness to learn, improve and contribute to the success of our business.
- You will have experience of using Microsoft office, it will be favourable if you have a working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite package.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow a set of instructions – this is essential.
- Non-smoking applicants are preferred as we can’t accommodate smoking breaks.
Job Tasks & General Outlook
- Produce project Gantt charts.
- Liaise with RV Studio Manager and client when booking team resource.
- Book location work freelancers when required.
- Book call, meeting and shoot dates with client.
- Create location shoot schedule, book hotels and arrange transport logistics.
- Book any required equipment rentals.
- Discuss scope changes with Producer and client, logging all budget/scope changes in the system, ready for when you create the final invoice.
- Liaise with Producer, Studio Manager and Post-production team with regards to client updates and amends during the post-production phase of a project.
- Constant and consistent liaison with client throughout an entire project, from concept to completion.
- Traffic management – planning the time and resource of team members required to complete your projects.
- Put out casting calls and liaise with actors.
To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you have exceeded each of the key skills required. If you don’t have the relevant experience and require further training/time to reach the required skill level, then this will be reflected in the salary offered.
Recent RV Video Projects
Uni of Derby: http://revv.eu/derby-internal-brand-animation
Leeds Beckett: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlY3Xu5FUSg
RV Video : The Future
We’re proud of our work, but we aspire to creating videos that are as inspirational and ambitious as the following examples. If you also aspire to producing this quality of work, then this job could be for you.
Uni of Western Sydney – https://vimeo.com/137547531
Story telling – https://vimeo.com/183390639
Why Work at RV?
Revolution Viewing is a leading Creative Digital Agency that produces world-class solutions. We are a team of 34 people and operate as niche specialists at the top of our game; this is why over 80 UK universities and some of the UK’s largest home-builders keep coming back for more! See what makes us tick – http://www.revolutionviewing.com/about
2017 Showreel: http://revv.eu/SR2017
RV Office 360 virtual tour: https://revv.eu/rv-office
Work-life Balance Manifesto
The feedback we receive from our team suggests that this is an unusual policy for an agency, hence the mention here in the job spec. This is from Tom, our CEO: “You will get paid for the hours you work or you will be given the time back.” Quite simply, you will never be asked to work more hours than contracted, without receiving that time back in lieu or being paid overtime. Note that travelling to and from video shoots is logged as “working time” at RV, so arriving back late from a shoot means you get time back or paid additional hours.
10 reasons to apply for a role with Revolution Viewing
- We have a Work-life Balance Manifesto that is policy!
- We produce sector-leading digital media products.
- Our team tell us RV is a great place to work.
- Our clients love what we do and our client satisfaction is extremely high.
- Free lunch – there is such a thing and it happens every day at RV!
- Every three months we have a team meal, on the company.
- Holiday loyalty scheme – extra holidays for years of service.
- Individual objectives set in annual appraisals and progress reviewed in monthly 1-2-1 meeting with line manager.
- We share our strategy, including mission, direction and financial progress.
- We offer a thorough induction and comprehensive training for your career.
Our Core Values
These values are a key consideration when hiring a new team member; we need to feel each team member shares these values.
- Respect for people
- Veritably fun working environment (contribution to)
- Sustainable progression (we don’t make rash decisions that jeopardise the company)
- Honesty & integrity
- Innovative & dynamic
- Passion & pride (in all we do)
How To Apply
See top of this page for the application deadline. Send your email to:
- Please let us know how soon you could start if you are offered a job.
- Let us know where you heard about this vacancy.
- The time & dates of assessment are 3-8pm Thursday 5th July 2018 & 3-8pm Tuesday 10th July 2018. Please let us know if you can be available on these dates. Note you will only be required to attend one of the assessment sessions.
- Attach your current CV.
- Attach a 10-line cover letter outlining how you will add value to our company.
For updates on Revolution Viewing and any vacancies, we recommend you follow us on our social media channels: http://www.revolutionviewing.com/social/
- Location: Leeds (LS12 2DU)
- Salary: £22,000 - £25,000
- Hours of Work: 42.5 hours per week, flexible working day with ‘core hours’ 9am-5pm
- Annual Leave: 28 days including bank holidays (flexible up to 33 days with pro-rata salary reduction)
- Pension: Contribution to a pension in line with the mandatory government Workplace pension scheme
- Application Deadline: 27th June 2018