This is a fantastic opportunity for a creative and ambitious frontend developer to join a very talented team – building web products for many of the UK’s biggest Universities and Home Builder clients. Our portfolio will give you a flavour of the products that we’re currently producing but we’re really looking for someone to use their skills and experience to help take them to the next level.
You’ll be responsible for working as part of our in-house web team, building our Virtual Tour and Virtual Open Day products and will play a big part in refining existing products and developing new ones. We would also hope that a fresh perspective will help RV fulfil the goal of improving our web offering to ensure our products are market leading and cutting edge. We have clients willing to embrace new concepts and technologies, and we need a developer that can help deliver.
Example of current work:
Examples that inspire us
(and where we’ll get to with your help!):
Your involvement throughout the life-cycle of a Virtual Tour or Virtual Open Day will usually begin once a client has given approval to proceed. You will attend an in-house Creative Meeting with other members of the web team, adding your experience to help sculpt the wireframes/designs. Development will begin once the designs are approved by the client and usually runs in phases. You’ll own the development of the project with support where you need it from the rest of the web team. Once content has been produced by the rest of the team and received from the client, it will be populated into the prototype, then you will carry out tests on the product using a wide variety of devices and browsers. Once complete and delivered to the client you will be involved with an internal evaluation meeting where client feedback will be discussed along with any proposed workflow improvements.
Key Skills & Experience
To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you have exceeded each of the key skills required. If you don’t have the relevant experience and require further training/time to reach the required skill level, then this will be reflected in the salary offered.
You must have a solid knowledge of:
- HTML5, specific knowledge of creating scalable/responsive websites
It will be a bonus if you’re familiar with any or all of the following:
- HTML Canvas
- Frontend JS libraries like Angular or React
- Version control systems like Git
- Workflow tools like Gulp
- App development (native or hybrid)
Job Tasks & General Outlook
- You have a passion for writing clean, maintainable code with useful comments.
- You enjoy keeping up to speed with the latest web trends & you have a great understanding of web standards.
- You have good attention to detail and pride yourself on the properly functioning web products that you develop.
- You’ve got the ability to quickly grasp sophisticated client requirements, you enjoy troubleshooting, solving problems and communicate solutions in an articulate manner.
- You’re able to put yourself in the user’s shoes, flagging potential user experience issues then discussing these concerns with the rest of the web team.
- You have a logical mind-set and use good judgment to arrive at balanced conclusions that are always in keeping with the RV core values.
- Commercial experience: you have led the development of numerous large-scale web projects from inception to completion.
- Exceptional communication skills: you can quickly and concisely explain solutions in a way that non-technical people understand.
- You love to get stuck in and you have a desire to create fantastic web products.
- We are open to discussing remote working or relocation packages.
- Please note, we can’t accommodate smoking breaks.
Why Work at RV?
Revolution Viewing is a leading creative digital agency that produces world-class solutions. We are a team of 35 people and operate as niche specialists at the top of our game; this is why over 80 UK universities and some of the UK’s largest home-builders keep coming back for more! See what makes us tick – http://www.revolutionviewing.com/about
RV Office 360 virtual tour: https://revv.eu/rv-office
Work-life Balance Manifesto
The feedback we receive from our team suggests that this is an unusual policy for an agency, hence the mention here in the job spec. This is from Tom, our CEO: “You will get paid for the hours you work or you will be given the time back.” Quite simply, you will never be asked to work more hours than contracted, without receiving that time back in lieu or being paid overtime. Note that travelling to and from video shoots is logged as “working time” at RV, so arriving back late from a shoot means you get time back or paid additional hours.
10 reasons to apply for a role with Revolution Viewing
- We have a Work-life Balance Manifesto that is policy!
- We produce sector-leading digital media products.
- Our team tell us RV is a great place to work.
- Our clients love what we do and our client satisfaction is extremely high.
- Free lunch – there is such a thing and it happens every day at RV!
- Every three months we have a team meal, on the company.
- Holiday loyalty scheme – extra holidays for years of service.
- Individual objectives set in annual appraisals and progress reviewed in monthly 1-2-1 meeting with line manager.
- We share our strategy, including mission, direction and financial progress.
- We offer a thorough induction and comprehensive training for your career.
Our Core Values
These values are a key consideration when hiring a new team member; we need to feel each team member shares these values.
- Respect for people
- Veritably fun working environment (contribution to)
- Sustainable progression (we don’t make rash decisions that jeopardise the company)
- Honesty & integrity
- Innovative & dynamic
- Passion & pride (in all we do)
How To Apply
See top of this page for the application deadline. Send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please let us know how soon you could start if you are offered a job.
- Let us know where you heard about this vacancy.
- The time & dates of assessment are 3-8pm Wednesday 20th June 2018 & 3-8pm Tuesday 26th June 2018. Please let us know if you can be available on these dates. Note you will only be required to attend one of the assessment sessions.
- Attach your current CV.
- Include your portfolio or links to at least three projects that you have developed.
- Attach a 10 line cover letter outlining how you will add value to our company.
For updates on Revolution Viewing and any vacancies, we recommend you follow us on our social media channels: www.revolutionviewing.com/social
- Location: Leeds (LS12 2DU)
- Salary: £25,000 - £36,000
- Hours of Work: 42.5 hours per week, flexible working day with ‘core hours’ 9am-5pm
- Annual Leave: 30 days including bank holidays (flexible up to 35 days with pro-rata salary reduction)
- Pension: Contribution to a pension in line with the mandatory government Workplace pension scheme
- Application Deadline: 23:59 on 12th June 2018