(This is a Full-time vacancy, however, if you are a freelancer you can still apply to be one of our ‘Trusted Freelancers’ – see “To Apply” at the bottom of this document)
We need a talented, multidisciplinary Motion Designer to join our growing creative video production team. You will join our existing Motion Designer, Junior Motion Designer and Digital Designer in working on wide variety of market-leading video projects for our clients.
You’ll contribute to the creative planning sessions for video projects requiring motion graphics, implementing and executing your ideas with flair and dedication. You’ll work closely with our Video Producers who will brief you on project requirements and work with you when developing your creative ideas. You’ll develop a strong rapport with our Video Editors to ensure you collaborate effectively and efficiently on projects that require the seamless integration of creative media. With workstream Traffic Managers, our Studio Manager will help to manage your schedule to ensure you have an adequate amount of time allocated to each project you are working on.
A constant stream of creatively challenging and rewarding client briefs mean that every day brings an exciting new challenge – you will thrive under pressure, drive our creativity and quality forwards in a manner above and beyond your main role, and help us on our journey to the next level of video production.
- Inspire the video team with your creative ideas and vision through creative meetings for projects requiring motion graphics.
- Work with the creative team around you to develop concepts through storyboards and visuals.
- Produce motion design elements for use within video projects – or as pure animation projects with little to no Video Editor involvement.
- Advise on technical post-production elements specific to motion graphics and continually make suggestions to improve production quality.
- Keep up-to-date with motion design trends and technological advancements, considering the impact that these developments could have on the working methods at RV – and ultimately our offering to clients.
- On occasion, work with the wider team to produce/assist with visual concepts for use in tenders and new business pitching.
To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you have exceeded each of the key skills required. If you don’t have the relevant experience and require further training/time to reach the required skill level, then this will be reflected in the salary offered.
Key Skills & General Outlook
- Creative flair is essential. We want you to bring fantastic ideas to the table; as a company we are proud of the fact that RV gives its technical and creative team members the space to be creative and propose innovative solutions.
- You will have an exceptional working knowledge of motion graphic production process, styles, techniques, formats and export parameters.
- An expert with Adobe AfterEffects as well a strong aptitude for associated plugins such as Cinema4D and/or Element 3D.
- Highly competent in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop with a keen eye for graphic composition, colour and typography.
- Good understanding of video and narrative meaning you quickly get to grips with the message a client is trying to convey and can translate that into a captivating motion graphic concept.
- A passion for film making, visual communications and animation – including traditional platforms such as stop-motion and hand-drawn animation.
- Able and willing to use both Macs and PCs.
- An energetic and positive approach to work and a desire to push boundaries and deliver the best possible visual content.
- A great communicator and well-organised. If you need help, you ask. You appreciate how essential it is to communicate with team members and you are able to work under your own autonomy.
- Eagerness to learn, improve and contribute to the success of our business.
- Non-smoking applicants are preferred as we can’t accommodate smoking breaks.
- At least three years of experience as a Motion Designer in a commercial capacity, working on commercial projects at a creative agency.
- Proven experience of delivering multiple projects within tight time-frames.
- Previous experience working within a digital agency or video production company is preferred.
Recent RV Projects
Uni of Derby: http://revv.eu/derby-internal-brand-animation
Uni of Reading: http://revv.eu/Bm
Leeds Beckett: http://revv.eu/EJ
Why Work at RV?
Revolution Viewing is a leading Creative Digital Agency that produces world-class solutions. We are a team of 34 people and operate as niche specialists at the top of our game; this is why over 80 UK universities and some of the UK’s largest home-builders keep coming back for more! See what makes us tick – http://www.revolutionviewing.com/about
2017 Showreel: http://revv.eu/SR2017
RV Office 360 virtual tour: https://revv.eu/rv-office
Work-life Balance Manifesto
The feedback we receive from our team suggests that this is an unusual policy for an agency, hence the mention here in the job spec. This is from Tom, our CEO: “You will get paid for the hours you work or you will be given the time back.” Quite simply, you will never be asked to work more hours than contracted, without receiving that time back in lieu or being paid overtime.
Ten reasons to apply for a role with Revolution Viewing
- We have a Work-life Balance Manifesto that is policy.
- We produce sector-leading digital media products.
- Our team tell us RV is a great place to work.
- Our clients love what we do and our client satisfaction is extremely high.
- Free lunch – there is such a thing and it happens every day at RV!
- Every three months we have a team meal, on the company.
- Holiday loyalty scheme – extra holidays for years of service.
- Individual objectives set in annual appraisals and progress reviewed in monthly 1-2-1 meeting with line manager.
- We share our strategy, including mission, direction and financial progress.
- We offer a thorough induction and comprehensive training for your career.
Our Core Values
These values are a key consideration when hiring a new team member; we need to feel each team member shares these values.
- Respect for people
- Veritably fun working environment (contribution to)
- Sustainable progression (we don’t make rash decisions that jeopardise the company)
- Honesty & integrity
- Innovative & dynamic
- Passion & pride (in all that we do)
To Apply – For a full-time role at RV
See top of this document for the application deadline. Send your email to:
- State that you intend to apply for a full-time role.
- Please let us know how soon you could start if you are offered a job.
- Let us know where you heard about this vacancy.
- The time & dates of assessment are 3-8pm Tuesday 11th September 2018 or 3-8pm Thursday 13th September 2018. Please let us know if you can be available on these dates. Please note you will only be required to attend one of the assessment sessions, and that whilst the session is long in duration, we make our decision based on this one session. Feedback suggests candidates find it useful spending this time in our working environment.
- Attach your current CV – include links to your showreel and/or projects.
- Attach a 10-line cover letter outlining how you will add value to our company.
Apply – To be an RV Trusted Freelancer
See top of this document for the application deadline. Send your email to:
Please note we will only be able to respond to freelancers if all of the requested items below are submitted.
- State that you intend to apply to work as a freelancer.
- A 10-line cover letter outlining why you will be a great freelancer for RV.
- Your current CV, Linked-in page or website- including showreel.
- Let us know where you heard about this opportunity.
- State your day-rate and whether you are prepared to work at our office.
For updates on Revolution Viewing and any vacancies, we recommend you follow us on our social media channels: http://www.revolutionviewing.com/social/
How will RV use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, including complying with any legal obligations, to enable us to manage the recruitment process. We will only share your data with relevant parties as part of our recruitment process and we will not share your data for marketing or employment purposes outside of RV. For more information on RV’s job applicant privacy notice, please follow this link.
- Location: Leeds (LS12 2DU)
- Salary: £25,000 - £32,000
- Hours of Work: 42.5 hours per week, flexible working day with ‘core hours’ 9am-5pm
- Annual Leave: 28-30 days including bank holidays (flexible up to 33-35 days with pro-rata salary reduction)
- Pension: Contribution to a pension in line with the mandatory government Workplace Pension Scheme
- Application Deadline: Tuesday 4th September 2018