Note: This vacancy is now closed
Revolution Viewing is a leading Creative Digital Agency that produces world-class solutions. We are a team of 33 people and operate as niche specialists at the top of our game; this is why over 70 UK universities and leading brands such as Barclays, Carphone Warehouse and Taylor Wimpey keep coming back for more!
Ideally the successful candidate will be working from the Leeds office each day they are not at a client location, however, remote working can be negotiated.
Typically, you will be attending client meetings in the UK 2 out of 5 days a week on average.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our sales and marketing team. You will:
- Be responsible for managing and supporting university account sales and marketing activity.
- Work with our Commercial Director and Account Manager to forecast and achieve annual turnover targets.
- Generate a substantive sales opportunity pipeline and to achieve turnover targets as defined by our Commercial Director.
- Generate new business from existing accounts and increase the average solution value of these accounts.
- Proactively generate new accounts via a consultative approach to sales.
- Secure, attend and lead client meetings and deliver research presentations and pitches at universities up and down the UK.
- Establish client requirements and provide accurate and impactful briefs.
- Work with relevant RV team members to gain an in-depth knowledge of all our solutions to create quotes which reflect client briefs and which we can deliver.
- Assimilate and clearly communicate all relevant information from the client in order to pass approved projects to our projects team for delivery.
- Work closely with our Commercial Director and Marketing Coordinator to develop our university marketing plan.
- Be responsible for keeping abreast of sector trends and competitor work and positively influencing RV’s products and services.
- Represent RV professionally at all times in both verbal and written communication but with a friendly, enthusiastic and personal nature.
- Report your account progress monthly to our Board of Directors.
- Be an inspirational team player and a future manager who contributes to the wider team.
Key Skills, Job Tasks, Experience and General Outlook
Positive thinking and willingness to learn will always be considered alongside experience and current skill set. To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you have exceeded each of the key skills required. If you don’t have the relevant experience and require further training to reach the required skill level, this will be reflected in the salary we will offer the successful candidate.
- Experience: at least 3 years proven, successful and sustained sales track record within a similar company.
- Experience: at least 3 years proven success in managing commercial relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Experience: whilst prior line management experience is desirable, your potential to become a line manager of the future at RV is essential.
- Experience: experience of supplying rich media solutions to universities is desirable.
- Knowledge: absolute understanding of the sales cycle/process.
- Knowledge: detailed knowledge of the undergraduate student recruitment cycle for both UK and international students within UK Higher Education is desirable.
- Qualifications: a university degree at any level in any subject is essential – having personal experience of going to university is helpful in building rapport with clients and empathy with our target audiences.
- Qualifications: if your university degree is not related to sales and marketing, then a professional marketing qualification (such as CIM) is desirable.
- Skills: exceptional and wide-ranging communication skills which enable you to build and maintain strong client relationships and confidently represent RV’s people and products.
- Skills: exceptional attention to detail, particularly related to numeracy and target forecasting.
- General outlook: an energetic and positive approach to work.
- General outlook: determination to achieve sales targets.
- Non-smoking applicants are preferred as we can’t accommodate smoking breaks.
9 reasons to apply for a role with Revolution Viewing
- We produce sector-leading digital media products.
- Our team tell us RV is a great place to work.
- Our clients love what we do and our client satisfaction is extremely high.
- Free lunch – there is such a thing and it happens every day at RV!
- Every 3 months we have a team meal, on the company.
- Holiday loyalty scheme.
- Individual objectives set in annual appraisals and progress reviewed in monthly 1-2-1 meeting with line manager.
- We share our strategy, including mission, direction and financial progress.
- We offer a thorough induction and comprehensive training for your career.
Our Core Values
There are a key consideration when hiring a new team member; we need to feel each team member shares these values.
- Respect for people
- Veritable & fun working environment (contribution to)
- Sustainable progression (we don’t make rash decisions that jeopardise the company)
- Honesty & integrity
- Innovative & dynamic
- Passion & pride (in all we do)
Testimonial – Jonny Harper (RV Project Manager) May 2016
“There are a lot of great things about being part of the Revolution Viewing team, but largely I think it is the open, forward-thinking attitude that is nurtured here that really makes the company so strong – and the services we provide so acclaimed. Work is fast paced and very varied – many of our clients are prestigious Universities who naturally expect second-to-none service and cutting-edge solutions, it’s our job to make sure the delivery of the final product leaves them with a big smile on their face (and not-to-mention a stylish new interactive marketing tool on their website!)”
Please submit all of the following:
- A 10 line cover letter outlining why you will be a great candidate for this role and how you will add value to our company. (PDF/.docx/.doc)
- Your current CV (PDF/.docx/.doc)
- Please state whether you are currently working and how soon you could start if offered a job.
- Let us know where you heard about this vacancy.
- Dates of assessment & interview are 3pm-7pm on Thurs 19th October and 3pm-7pm Tues 24th October. Please let us know if you can be available on these dates. Note you will only be required to attend 1 of the days.
Please send the 5 items above via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For updates on Revolution Viewing and any vacancies, we recommend you follow us on our social media channels: https://www.revolutionviewing.com/social
Absolutely no recruitment agencies.
- Location: Leeds (LS12 2DU)
- Salary: £35k-£45k
- Hours of Work: 42.5 hours per week, flexible working day with ‘core hours’ 9am-5pm (Overtime is a rarity)
- Annual Leave: 32 days (flexible up to 37 days with pro-rata salary deduction)
- Pension: Contribution to a pension in line with the mandatory Workplace pension scheme
- Application Deadline: 11th Oct 2017