Note: This vacancy is now closed
Summary of the role
You will be the glue that holds everything together in the Digital Production Department. There will always be numerous projects running at any one time, from a £1,000 photography and video shoot of a home builder show home to a £50,000 university virtual open day that contains videos, voice-overs, 360s, design and development time.
Prior to project delivery being confirmed with a client, our Project Manager or Video Producer (PM/VP) to present you with a Gantt chart and for you to confirm the delivery times that will be achievable. We have a sophisticated system to assist you with such decisions.
Your next contact with a project will be when it reaches the post-production stage. You will have allocated the most suitable/available resource in order to complete the project to deadline. You will need to communicate with each member of your team to ascertain the required duration of each element of the project. On occasion you may have to bring in additional support from the RV “trusted freelancer” roster.
Throughout this process you will be challenged by RV PM/VPs with last minute client requests and the need to strike the balance between helping PM/VPs satisfy client demands and ensuring overtime is only required on the most rare of occasions (overtime at RV is paid, but it’s not the financial element but the mission for work-life balance that means it is RV policy to make overtime a rare exception rather than the norm).
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to lead our Digital Production team. You will need to:
- Ensure every project is delivered to the RV PM/VP on time.
- Facilitate and mediate conversations between RV PM/VPs and RV’s internal digital production resource.
- Manage the technical internal resource (video editors, designers, developers, multimedia technicians & architectural visualisers).
- You will be line manager of up to 6 team members (but will manage the time and resource of 12 team members – will increase as RV grows).
- Determine best skills match/availability for best project outcome.
- Run your resource using the existing system but be able to adapt and improve our systems.
- Advise PM/VPs on available resource and feasible deadlines to communicate to clients.
- Work through client / project issues, using good judgment to arrive at balanced conclusions that are always in keeping with the RV core values.
- Provide the Board of Directors with monthly profitability reports and advise on how to improve systems & efficiency.
- Create and run quality assurance systems to ensure consistency of product output.
- Search for music tracks that meet a brief. Run the music asset purchasing system.
- Maintain standards and update folder structure, file convention, workflow, process and systems.
Key Skills, Experience and General Outlook
To achieve the upper-level of the stated salary range you must provide evidence and demonstrate that you have exceeded or have the ability to exceed each of the key skills required. If you don’t have the relevant/direct experience and require further training to reach the required skill level, this will be reflected in the salary we will offer should you be successful.
- Studio Experience – You will have at least 5 years of experience working in a busy studio environment, of which at least 3 years must have been managing the digital production and resource.
- Video experience – You must have in-depth knowledge of video, you will have previously managed video editors, you can provide detailed feedback to ensure an edit is sharp, of high production value and fit for purpose.
- Exceptional Communicator – You must be a great listener with the ability to make effective decisions with speed and clearly and concisely communicate those decisions both verbally and written.
- Motivator of people – A constantly positive attitude with grit and determination. You can overcome any challenge and inspire the team to solve their own problems and deliver quality products on time.
- Structured – You have a clear vision of how folder systems and workflow should be organised.
- Analytical & methodical in your approach – You will handle many variables at once and structure a logical plan from what might appear to be chaos to others.
- Gantt charts – You understand how to read Gantt charts.
- Attention to detail – You are not required to take creative lead on projects, but an eye for detail and ability to offer creative suggestions would be advantageous.
- Non-smoking applicants are preferred as we can’t accommodate smoking breaks.
8 reasons to apply for a role with Revolution Viewing
- We produce award winning digital media products.
- Our team tell us RV is a great place to work.
- Free lunch – there is such a thing and it happens every day at RV!
- Every 3 months we have a team meal, on the company.
- Holiday loyalty scheme.
- Appraisals and 1-2-1s. Each member of the team has a monthly 1-2-1 with their line manager and a salary linked annual appraisal.
- We share our strategy, including mission, direction and financial progress.
- We offer a thorough induction and comprehensive training for your career.
These are a key consideration when hiring a new team member; we need to feel each team member shares these values.
- Respect for people
- Veritably fun working environment (contribution to)
- Sustainable progression (we don’t make rash decisions that jeopardise the company)
- Honesty & integrity
- Innovative & dynamic
- Passion & pride (in all we do)
Testimonial – Jonny Harper (RV Project Manager), May 2017
“There are loads of great things about being part of the RV team, but I think it’s the open, forward-thinking attitude that is nurtured here that really makes the company so strong – and the services we provide so acclaimed. Work in the projects team is fast paced and very varied – many of our clients are prestigious organisations who naturally expect a first rate service and cutting-edge solutions. It’s our job to make sure the delivery of the final product leaves them with a big smile on their face (and not-to-mention a stylish new interactive marketing tool on their website!)“
Please submit all of the following:
- A 10 line cover letter outlining why you will be a great candidate for this role and how you will add value to our company. (PDF/.docx/.doc)
- Your current CV (PDF/.docx/.doc)
- Please state whether you are currently working and how soon you could start if offered a job.
- Let us know where you heard about this vacancy.
- Dates of assessment & interview are 3pm-7pm on Thurs 17th August and 3pm-7pm Tues 22nd. Please let us know if you can be available on these dates. Note you will only be required to attend 1 of the days.
Please send the 5 items above via email to: email@example.com
For updates on Revolution Viewing and any vacancies, we recommend you follow us on our social media channels: https://www.revolutionviewing.com/social
Absolutely no recruitment agencies.
- Location: Leeds (LS12 2DU)
- Salary: £32-38K
- Hours of Work: 42.5 hours per week, flexible working day with ‘core hours’ 9am-5pm (Overtime is paid, but a rarity)
- Annual Leave: 30 days (flexible up to 35 days with pro-rata salary deduction)
- Pension: Contribution to a pension in line with the mandatory Workplace pension scheme
- Application Deadline: Mon 7th Aug 2017