It’s exciting times here at RV, we’ve experienced fantastic levels of growth in 2018 (revenue 30% up on previous year) with a significant proportion attributed to video projects. We anticipate further growth in 2019, this leads to the requirement for a 3rd Video Producer (VP).
You will be joining a Video Projects team that currently consists of 2 VPs, 2 Associate Video Producers and a Production Coordinator. You will work very closely with the Studio Manager and the team of Editors, Camera Ops and Motion Designers. These guys will be your technical and creative arms, helping you to achieve your vision for each project.
Your primary focus will be on the production of videos for universities. Our website portfolio should give you a feel for the kind of videos we’ve created in the past, but at RV we don’t stand still, we’re all about what we can achieve moving forward, we’re constantly pushing the creative envelope and we have a solid reputation within the university sector for creating some of the most creative and engaging video content around.
Working at RV
Why Work at RV?
Revolution Viewing is a leading Creative Digital Agency that produces world-class solutions. We are a team of 40 people and operate as niche specialists at the top of our game; this is why over 80 UK universities and some of the UK’s largest home-builders keep coming back for more! See what makes us tick – http://www.revolutionviewing.com/about
RV Office 360 virtual tour: https://revv.eu/rv-office
Work-life Balance Manifesto
The feedback we receive from our team suggests that this is an unusual policy for an agency, hence the mention here in the job spec. This is from Tom, our CEO: “You will get paid for the hours you work or you will be given the time back.” Quite simply, you will never be asked to work more hours than contracted, without receiving that time back in lieu or being paid overtime. Note that travelling to and from video shoots is logged as “working time” at RV, so arriving back late from a shoot means you get time back or paid additional hours.
Job Remits (Essentials)
- Responsibility for a project right from the point where you are briefed by RV’s Client Services (once the client agrees to proceed), to the point where the project files are delivered, after which RV Client Services will then carry out a debrief with the client.
- Delegation of responsibility for numerous production and asset delivery tasks to your assigned Associate Producer. Advise and guide this person, they will be the first point of contact for your clients.
- Attend client discovery (kick-off) meetings and recess, assisting clients with brief writing.
- Assemble the internal creative team and lead on the development of creative concepts, storyboards (designer to assist) and the writing of scripts and treatments.
- Liaise with clients throughout the pre-production process, discussing creative elements and scheduling for a shoot – supported by your Associate Producer.
- Create, review and approve shoot schedules and make decisions on the most appropriate crew members for a shoot.
- Manage the client and crew on location, two to eight-person crews, directing actors & students, interviewing subjects (required occasionally) and liaising with the client.
- Final (post-production) approval of all projects that you are responsible for.
- Ultimate responsibility for the budget spends on your projects.
- Advise the Client Services team on quoting for projects.
- Working away – Client Discovery meetings and location shoots are likely to result in the need for you to spend an average of three to four nights per month staying in a hotel.
Job Remits (Non-essentials)
There are opportunities outside of the essential remits for a person to add value in an area where they have a particular interest or expertise.
- Assist Client Services with the creation of proposals and client pitching.
- Advise on technical production elements such as lighting plans, equipment hire/purchases and any other elements that contribute towards shooting the next level of professional high production value videos for RV.
Key Skills, Experience and General Outlook
To be considered for this role you will need to meet all of the “Must have” items listed in both the “Key Skills” and “Experience” sections.
To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you exceed a number of the “Must have” items and meet or exceed a number of the ”Desirable” items listed in both the “Key Skills” and “Experience” sections.
Key Skills – Minimum requirements
- Must have: A sound understanding of visual composition and the ability to direct talent and manage, motivate and co-ordinate a video crew in order to capture an intended vision/aesthetic whilst managing the usual challenges of working on location.
- Must have: The ability to listen and consider the comments and advice given by team members whilst having the confidence to operate autonomously and make sound judgement calls based upon your experience and the evidence presented to you in any given situation.
- Must have: Exceptional communication skills, offering clients professional reassurance and security – the client is to feel that they are in experienced and safe hands.
- Must have: The ability to quickly grasp sophisticated client requirements, solve client problems, arrive at a solution and eloquently communicate the solution.
- Must have: The ability to quickly and accurately critique a video, clearly articulating points using technical terminology when discussing with an editor and more simplistic terms when discussing with a client.
- Must have: Ability to read, manage and produce Gantt charts.
- Desirable: The ability to come up with great creative concepts with speed and to communicate your vision with clarity and passion when relaying your ideas to clients and the RV internal team.
- Must have – At least three years of experience as Producer/Director in a commercial capacity, working on corporate commercial projects.
- Must have – At least one year of experience working within a digital agency or video production
- Must have – Produced/Directed numerous videos with five to eight crew members.
- Must have – Proven experience of delivering multiple projects within tight time-frames.
- Must have – A portfolio of outstanding video work at least as good as RV’s current videos (see section 4.1 “Recent RV Video Projects”).
- Desirable – A portfolio of video work on a par with videos seen in the section 4.2 (“RV Video: The future”) within this job spec.
- Desirable – Produced/Directed numerous videos with more than eight crew members.
- Desirable – Experience of working closely with a highly skilled DOP.
- Desirable – A background in camera operating and/or editing.
- Desirable – Five years or more of management experience.
- Desirable – Experience of Producing/Directing TV commercials.
- Desirable – Over five years of experience working in a digital agency that employs 20 or more staff.
- Desirable – Experience of conducting shoots in a studio.
- An insatiable passion for film making with an energetic and positive approach to work.
- You need to be calm under pressure and resilient, whilst you will be paid overtime or be able to take that time back in lieu, there will be long days when shooting and attending client discovery meetings.
- Please note: other than your lunch break, we do not accommodate smoking breaks.
Recent RV Video Projects
London Met: https://youtu.be/dS4iSWh4-7A
Uni of Derby: http://revv.eu/derby-internal-brand-animation
RV Video : The Future
We’re proud of our work, but we aspire to creating videos that are as inspirational and ambitious as the following examples. If you also aspire to producing this quality of work, then this job could be for you.
Uni of Western Sydney – https://vimeo.com/137547531
Story telling – https://vimeo.com/183390639
Stress Break – https://vimeo.com/142471060
RV Culture & Values
Ten reasons to apply for a role with Revolution Viewing
- We have a Work-life Balance Manifesto that is policy!
- We produce sector-leading digital media products.
- Our team tell us RV is a great place to work.
- Our clients love what we do and our client satisfaction is extremely high.
- Free lunch – there is such a thing and it happens every day at RV!
- Every three months we have a team meal, on the company.
- Holiday loyalty scheme – extra holidays for years of service.
- Individual objectives set in annual appraisals and progress reviewed in monthly 1-2-1 meeting with line manager.
- We share our strategy, including mission, direction and financial progress.
- We offer a thorough induction and comprehensive training for your career.
Our Core Values
These values are a key consideration when hiring a new team member; we need to feel each team member shares these values.
- Respect for people
- Veritably fun working environment (contribution to)
- Sustainable progression (we don’t make rash decisions that jeopardise the company)
- Honesty & integrity
- Innovative & dynamic
- Passion & pride (in all that we do)
See top of this document for the application deadline. Send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit all of the following:
- Please let us know how soon you could start if you are offered a job.
- Let us know where you heard about this vacancy.
- The time & dates of assessment are 2-7pm Tuesday 11th December & 2-7pm Monday 17th December. Please let us know if you can be available on these dates. Note you will only be required to attend one of the assessment sessions, and that whilst the session is long in duration, we make our decision based on this one session. Feedback suggests candidates find it useful spending this time in our working environment.
- Attach your current CV.
- Attach a 10-line cover letter outlining how you will add value to our company.
For updates on Revolution Viewing and any vacancies, we recommend you follow us on our social media channels: http://www.revolutionviewing.com/social/
How will RV use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, including complying with any legal obligations, to enable us to manage the recruitment process. We will only share your data with relevant parties as part of our recruitment process and we will not share your data for marketing or employment purposes outside of RV. For more information on RV’s job applicant privacy notice, please follow this link.
- Location: Leeds (LS12 2DU)
- Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
- Hours of Work: 42.5 hours per week, flexible working day with ‘core hours’ 9am-5pm
- Annual Leave: 30 days including bank holidays (flexible up to 35 days with pro-rata salary reduction)
- Pension: Contribution to a pension in line with the mandatory government Workplace pension scheme
- Application Deadline: Friday 30th November 2018