This is much more than a shooting and editing job, this is a fantastic opportunity for a Camera Operator / Editor to join a growing company which is world-leading in the areas in which we operate. At Revolution Viewing, we empower people to make life changing decisions – this is our mission. We do that by producing rich media solutions to help prospective students to select their perfect university and home buyers to select their perfect home. Our clients are universities and the top home builders all over the UK and we are the leading rich media supplier in both sectors.
We want your creative input, enthusiasm and experience, in return we can offer you the opportunity to be an important member of the creative team and push the creative boundaries of video production in our Higher Education (HE) workstream.
We are looking for you to join our growing team (2 Video Producers, 2 Senior Associate Producers, 1 Associate Producer, 1 x Video Production Co-ordinator, 1 Camera Operator / Editor, 1 Senior Editor, 2 Motion Designers, 1 Junior Motion Designer) and growing HE client base, responding to the constant stream of creatively challenging and rewarding client briefs.
A Day in the life
As one of our HE Camera Operators, your day starts early. Rise and shine you are off to film with one of our HE clients! You carried out all the pre-shoot checks the afternoon before in the office and all the equipment is in the car after your overnight stay, now it’s time to head to location and start filming.
On location, you will work alongside a Video Producer or Senior Associate Producer and other crew members. You will advise on shoot locations, lighting set-ups and capture style in line with the Video Treatment that details the creative vision of the shoot. At the end of the day, you will mark up the media ready for ingest back in the office.
Back in the studio, you’ll start your day checking your production schedule to review the projects that you will be working on. You will have been given your brief from one of the Video Producers and the footage for the project will be on the server ready for you to begin crafting your edit. Our Video Production Co-ordinator will be on hand throughout your days in the office to ensure that you have everything you need to complete your projects and our Lead Video Editor will work with you to create the very best edit.
When you aren’t working on an edit in the office or onsite filming, you may find yourself with the Video Producers in a Creative Meeting, coming up with new and exciting solutions to a client brief or assisting on technical elements of their Video Treatments.
Whether you are out on location or in the office, you will have plenty of opportunity to showcase your creative flair and technical knowledge.
- Full scope camera operation for a variety of video production types on our HE video workstream, including interview, POV and promotional videos;
- Creative involvement in all stages of the process including creative meetings, collaboration with Video Producers on style and direction, shoots and media management;
- Consult on technical production elements such as lighting, equipment and production techniques to continually improve the quality of RV’s video production;
- Keep up to date with new technology within this and related sectors, considering the impact new tech will have on the working methods at RV and ultimately our offering to clients. Advise the HE Video Leadership Team on future equipment purchases;
- Location shoots are likely to result in staying in a hotel an average of three or four nights per month.
- Full scope video editing for video products on our HE workstream, including interview videos, Vlogs, POV videos and social media edits;
- Video editing at v2/v3 stage for bespoke/creative projects on our HE workstream;
- Other activities as assigned by Video Producers, Senior Associate Producers, Associate Producers, Studio Manager or Line Manager via workstream Traffic Managers such as camera assistance, R&D and strategic tasks depending on skills and experience;
- Adherence to our HE Video Post-production workflow operations, systems and processes;
- Logging of all activity to our PAL system (Project Activity Log) for use by our Studio Manager in reporting productivity.
Key Skills, Experience and General Outlook
To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you have exceeded each of the key skills required. If you don’t have the relevant experience and require further training/time to reach the required skill level, then this will be reflected in the salary offered.
- Have creative flair. This is essential. We want you to bring fantastic ideas to the table, as a company we are proud of the fact that RV gives its technical and creative team members the space to be creative and propose innovative solutions.
- Expert knowledge of operating video cameras.
- A great understanding of composition & lighting.
- Expert at editing with Adobe Premiere Pro.
- A good knowledge of colour correction and colour grading.
- Great journalistic understanding of video and narrative with the ability to quickly get to grips with the message a client is trying to convey developing that story during the edit.
- A passion for film making with an energetic and positive approach to work and a desire to push boundaries and deliver the best possible visual content.
- A great communicator and well organised with the ability to work under your own autonomy.
- Eagerness to learn, improve and contribute to the success of our business.
- Full UK Driving licence is required.
Please note: other than your lunch break, we do not accommodate smoking breaks.
- At least two years of experience working in a similar capacity to that as is required of this role is essential.
- Previous experience of working within or for a digital agency or video production company is essential.
- A portfolio of impressive video projects serving as examples of both your high-quality camera operation, lighting, editing, colour correction and colour grading skills is essential.
- Experience of working in a digital agency that employs 20 or more staff is desirable.
- Experience of using specialist rigs such as gimbals and jibs (owned by RV) is not essential but will help your application.
- Experience using Sony cameras, particularly the Sony FS7 and a7sii is desirable.
Working at RV
Why Work at RV?
Revolution Viewing is a leading Creative Digital Agency that produces world-class solutions. We are a team of 40 people and operate as niche specialists at the top of our game; this is why over 90 UK universities and some of the UK’s largest home-builders keep coming back for more! See what makes us tick:
RV Office 360 virtual tour: http://rv333.com/office-360
Work-life Balance Manifesto
The feedback we receive from our team suggests that this is an unusual policy for an agency, hence the mention here in the job spec. This is from Tom, our CEO: “You will get paid for the hours you work or you will be given the time back.” Quite simply, you will never be asked to work more hours than contracted, without receiving that time back in lieu or being paid overtime.
RV Culture & Values
Ten reasons to apply for a role with Revolution Viewing
- We have a Work-life Balance Manifesto that is policy!
- We produce sector-leading digital media products.
- Our team tell us RV is a great place to work.
- Our clients love what we do and our client satisfaction is extremely high.
- Free lunch – there is such a thing and it happens every day at RV! (for staff working 6 hours or more in a day)
- Every three months we have a team meal, on the company.
- Holiday loyalty scheme – extra holidays for years of service.
- Individual objectives set in annual appraisals and progress reviewed in monthly 1-2-1 meeting with line manager.
- We share our strategy, including mission, direction and financial progress.
- We offer a thorough induction and comprehensive training for your career.
Our Core Values
These values are a key consideration when hiring a new team member; we need to feel each team member shares these values.
- Respect for people
- Veritably fun working environment (contribution to)
- Sustainable progression (we don’t make rash decisions that jeopardise the company)
- Honesty & integrity
- Innovative & dynamic
- Passion & pride (in all that we do)
See top of this document for the application deadline.
Send your email to: email@example.com
Your application must include the following information:
- Please let us know how soon you could start if you are offered a job.
- Let us know where you heard about this vacancy.
- The time & dates of assessment are 2pm-7pm Thursday 29th Aug 2019 & 2pm-7pm Tuesday 3rd Sept 2019. Please let us know if you can be available on these dates. Note you will only be required to attend one of the assessment session dates, and whilst the session is long in duration, we make our decision based on this one session. Feedback suggests candidates find it useful spending this time in our working environment.
- Attach your current CV – with a link to your showreel or links to production you have worked on.
- Attach a 10-line cover letter outlining how you will add value to our company.
Please note the successful candidate must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK.
For updates on Revolution Viewing and any vacancies, we recommend you follow us on our social media channels: http://www.revolutionviewing.com/social/
How will RV use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, including complying with any legal obligations, to enable us to manage the recruitment process. We will only share your data with relevant parties as part of our recruitment process and we will not share your data for marketing or employment purposes outside of RV. For more information on RV’s job applicant privacy notice, please follow this link.