At Revolution Viewing, we empower people to make life changing decisions – this is our mission. We do that by producing digital solutions to help prospective students to select their perfect university and home buyers to select their perfect home. Our clients are universities and the top home builders all over the UK and we are the leading rich media supplier in both sectors.
We think Vepple will be a game-changer for prospective students when making the choice as to which university they should attend. Vepple will also make a huge, positive difference for universities – each of which are seeking more effective ways to convert leads and deliver ROI. Being only 1 year into this new platform but with positive feedback from clients to date, it’s an incredibly exciting time to join the team as the opportunities for growth are huge.
As Vepple Product Owner, it’ll be your responsibility to make sure that what we build is fit for purpose with our two primary audiences: prospective students (end users) and university marketing teams (our clients). You’ll work closely with the rest of the web team ensuring the product roadmap is clear and that everyone has clarity on how features should work.
To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you have at least 5 years experience in each of the job remits below. If you don’t have the relevant experience and require further training/time to reach the required skill level, then this will be reflected in the salary offered.
- Develop, own and manage the product roadmap
- Write user stories and clear acceptance criteria to ensure that the requirements of the development team are understood
- Define sprint goals to facilitate the prioritisation of new feature/bug releases
- Analyse and discuss performance dashboards with clients (Google Data Studio reports pulling data from Google Analytics)
- Identify areas of improvement based on analytics data and work with our UX designer (focus group tests etc) to propose solutions
- Own the communication of product changes to relevant stakeholders
- Assist with the onboarding of new clients
- Assisting with client queries logged on our ticketing system where required
- Assisting our client services team with product related sales enquiries where required
- Line management of colleagues in the web team
Key skills, experience & general outlook
To be considered for this role you will need to meet all of the “Essential” items listed. To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you exceed a number of the “Essential” items and meet or exceed a number of the ”Desirable” items listed below.
- At least three years of experience as Product Owner of a digital product
- You should be a confident communicator both internally within the team and externally with clients
- The ability to quickly grasp sophisticated requirements, solve problems, arrive at a solution and eloquently communicate the solution
- The ability to listen and consider the comments and advice given by team members whilst having the confidence to operate autonomously and make sound judgement calls based upon your experience and the evidence presented to you in any given situation
- You should have a passion for technology and innovation with a desire to really understand the product areas you’re responsible for.
- Higher Education experience
- Understanding of GDPR and what this means for digital products
- Understanding of WCAG 2.1 and what this means for digital products
Working at RV
Why work at RV?
Revolution Viewing is a leading Creative Digital Agency that produces world-class solutions. We are a team of 28 people and operate as niche specialists at the top of our game; this is why over 100 UK universities and some of the UK’s largest home builders keep coming back for more! See what makes us tick.
Working from office/home
Like many businesses, RV’s employees have supported the government’s efforts and followed their advice by working from home for an extended period. During this time RV has been able to maintain its operations and close-knit culture. As such, the Board is keen to provide employees with the flexibility to choose working patterns and working locations (office, home, hybrid) that will support their work-life balance, maintain our great working culture and encourage team collaboration. How we use our office space moving forwards will be different and it will be driven by our culture, our needs and ultimately our people!
Who we are (team & office)
Work-life balance manifesto
The feedback we receive from our team suggests that this is an unusual policy for an agency, hence the mention here in the job spec. This is from Tom, our CEO: “You will get paid for the hours you work or you will be given the time back.” Quite simply, you will never be asked to work more hours than contracted, without receiving that time back in lieu or being paid overtime.
Please note: other than your lunch break, we do not accommodate smoking breaks.
RV culture & values
10 reasons to apply for a role with RV
- We produce sector-leading digital media products
- Our team tell us RV is a great place to work
- Our clients love what we do and our client satisfaction is extremely high
- Every three months we have a team meal (to return post-covid!)
- Holiday loyalty scheme – extra holidays for years of service
- Individual objectives set in annual appraisals and progress reviewed in monthly 1:1 meeting with your line manager
- We have a Work-life Balance Manifesto that is policy!
- Potential for a team-wide bonus from our RV Bonus Scheme
- We share our strategy, including mission, direction and financial progress
- We offer a thorough induction and comprehensive training for your career
Our core values
These values are a key consideration when hiring a new team member; we need to feel each team member shares these values:
- Respect for people
- Veritably fun working environment (contribution to)
- Sustainable progression (we don’t make rash decisions that jeopardise the company)
- Honesty & integrity
- Innovative & dynamic
- Passion & pride (in all we do)
See top of this page for the application deadline.
Send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application must include the following information:
- Please let us know how soon you could start if you are offered a job
- Let us know where you heard about this vacancy
- As part of our recruitment process we will be conducting 1st stage interviews (via video call) before inviting candidates to assessment/2nd stage interviews. The dates of the 1st stage interviews will be the 3rd & 4th November (times for interviews will be confirmed with candidates following the application deadline). Please let us know if you can be available on these dates. Note: you will only be required to attend one of these dates
- Applicants successful at the 1st interview stage will then be invited to assessment/2nd stage interview. The dates for assessment/2nd stage interview are the
9th November(cancelled), 11th November & 16th November (you’ll be required from 2pm to 7pm on one of these days only). Again, please let us know if you can be available on these dates and again, you will only be required to attend one of these dates. Note: whilst this session is long in duration, we make our decision based on this one session. Feedback suggests candidates find it useful spending this time in our working environment (COVID-19 guidelines permitting)
- Attach your current CV
- Attach a 10-line cover letter outlining how you will add value to our company
Please note: the successful candidate must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK.
For updates on Revolution Viewing and any vacancies, we recommend you follow us on our social media channels.
How will RV use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, including complying with any legal obligations, to enable us to manage the recruitment process. We will only share your data with relevant parties as part of our recruitment process and we will not share your data for marketing or employment purposes outside of RV. For more information on RV’s job applicant privacy notice, please follow this link.
No recruitment agencies – thank you.