At Revolution Viewing, we empower people to make life changing decisions – this is our mission. We do that by producing rich media solutions to help prospective students to select their perfect university and home buyers to select their perfect home. Our clients are universities and the top home builders all over the UK and we are the leading rich media supplier in both sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a well organised individual to join a very talented team – planning, coordinating and taking control of the scheduling and delivery of home builder (HB) and Higher Education (HE) projects at RV – you will form part of the backbone to the Production team and you will be involved in a high volume of projects of varying sizes.
Our portfolio here will give you a flavour of the kind of engaging digital content that we’re currently producing, however, at RV we are constantly trying to push the envelope.
With this role you’ll be managing 360, video & photography projects for our HB clients and 360 projects for our HE clients with the support of our Senior Project Coordinators (SPC).
Typical route of progression would be promotion to Senior Project Coordinator and then Project Manager.
Further information regarding the role, experience required and how to apply can be found below.
A Day in the Life…
You will be required to manage multiple projects at a time, using our internal management system to ensure all projects run to schedule, to budget and are delivered according to the brief supplied by our clients.
When a HE 360 or HB video, 360 or photography project is converted by our Client Services team it passes over to you. From this point onwards, you will have full contact with the project right up to the point where the assets are delivered to the client and the invoice issued.
You will liaise with the client to book suitable dates for our Photographers/Videographers to attend site. Once the shoot is confirmed, you will allocate the project to a member of our production team using our resource allocation system, take the project through the relevant quality control procedure and will advise both our clients and the production team on the next stages of the project and expected delivery dates. You will also be responsible for managing internal & external feedback, scope changes and the supply of assets to the client along with creating and supplying the completed project invoices.
Following completion of a project, you will be involved in the Monthly Resource & Efficiency report where completed projects are reviewed and trends identified to help the continuous improvement of our products.
There may also be occasions where support is needed in our HB Client Services department – assisting our Account Manager and Account Executive with a variety of marketing tasks.
When the RV team returns to the office there will be some Office Administration support which you will provide. This will include, but is not limited to, the following: answering the phones/door, taking deliveries, and on occasion assisting with RVs recruitment processes (e.g. assessment session chaperone).
To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you have at least 2 years experience in each of the job remits below. If you don’t have the relevant experience and require further training/time to reach the required skill level, then this will be reflected in the salary offered.
Project Management (c. 80% of role)
- Liaising with the client throughout an entire project, from concept to completion
- Managing client requirements, solving client problems, arriving at solutions and clearly communicating these to colleagues and clients
- Work through client/project issues, using good judgment to arrive at balanced conclusions that are always in keeping with the RV core values
- Manage a large volume of projects of varying sizes & requirements across multiple sectors including the creation of Gantt charts.
- Liaise with clients in collating assets, content and feedback (delivering exceptional consultative service to our clients)
- Discuss scope changes with our SPC’s and the client, logging all budget/scope changes in our management systems
- Tracking and invoicing all project finances you are responsible for
- Create location shoot schedules, book hotels and arrange transport logistics including local area shoot planning & permissions
- Liaise with clients to arrange shoot schedules and the logistics of our on location crew (photographers/camera operators)
Traffic Management (c. 10% of role)
- Manage production resource using our internal systems – identifying & raising resource concerns in a timely manner with the SPC’s
- Work with our SPC’s to agree client delivery deadlines and provide accurate briefs for the production team
- Part of our quality control process whereby work is checked to ensure consistent quality
Marketing/Admin (c. 10% of role)
- Client services support – assisting our Account Manager and Account Executive with a variety of marketing tasks.
- Office administration support – answering the phones/door, taking deliveries, assisting with RVs recruitment processes (e.g. assessment session chaperone), minute taker for internal meetings, distribution of RV’s weekly newsletter, assistance for our finance team
Key Skills, Experience & General Outlook
To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you have exceeded each of the key skills required. If you don’t have the relevant experience and require further training/time to reach the required skill level, then this will be reflected in the salary offered.
- Ability to manage many tasks at once, re-prioritising as required and working in a logical manner
- You like things to be done efficiently and enjoy making contributions to that effect
- A great communicator – if you need help, you ask. You appreciate how essential it is to communicate with team members and you are able to work under your own autonomy
- Very articulate – you speak clearly and confidently when on the phone
- An excellent grasp of written English and you can confidently and quickly structure a well worded, perfectly spelt and grammatically correct email
- Eagerness to learn, improve and contribute to the success of our business
- You will have experience of using Microsoft office or Google Drive (docs & spreadsheets)
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow a set of instructions
- Excellent communication skills: you can build and maintain strong client relationships and confidently handle crucial and challenging client negotiations
- Commercial experience: you have managed numerous digital projects from inception to completion that involve various digital disciplines (e.g. web, video, 360s, photography)
- A good understanding of what a Gantt Chart is and how they are made
- An interest in and/or experience of working with video, 360s & photography
- At least two years of experience working in a similar capacity to that as is required of this role
- Proven experience of delivering multiple projects within tight time-frames
- A background in project management
- Experience of working in a digital agency that employs 20 or more staff
Working at RV
Why Work at RV?
Revolution Viewing is a leading Creative Digital Agency that produces world-class solutions. We are a team of 26 people and operate as niche specialists at the top of our game; this is why over 90 UK universities and some of the UK’s largest home builders keep coming back for more! See what makes us tick – http://www.revolutionviewing.com/about
Working From Home
Following current government guidelines our team are currently working remotely (from home). It is likely that at some point in the coming months the government will alter its stance on working from home wherever possible, seeing businesses including RV, return to working from their offices. Therefore, it is likely that at some point in 2021 the majority of our team will return to working from our offices. However, the prolonged stint of having employees working from home wasn’t detrimental to RV’s operation and as such the Board will be reviewing our ‘working from home’ policy moving forwards, providing options in this area to team members where it is practical.
Who We Are (Team & Office)
Work-Life Balance Manifesto
The feedback we receive from our team suggests that this is an unusual policy for an agency, hence the mention here in the job spec. This is from Tom, our CEO: “You will get paid for the hours you work or you will be given the time back.” Quite simply, you will never be asked to work more hours than contracted, without receiving that time back in lieu or being paid overtime.
Please note: other than your lunch break, we do not accommodate smoking breaks.
RV Culture & Values
10 Reasons to Apply for a Role with RV
- We produce sector-leading digital media products
- Our team tell us RV is a great place to work
- Our clients love what we do and our client satisfaction is extremely high
- Every three months we have a team meal (to return post-covid!)
- Holiday loyalty scheme – extra holidays for years of service
- Individual objectives set in annual appraisals and progress reviewed in monthly 1:1 meeting with your line manager
- We have a Work-life Balance Manifesto that is policy!
- Potential for a team-wide bonus from our RV Bonus Scheme
- We share our strategy, including mission, direction and financial progress
- We offer a thorough induction and comprehensive training for your career
Our Core Values
These values are a key consideration when hiring a new team member; we need to feel each team member shares these values:
- Respect for people
- Veritably fun working environment (contribution to)
- Sustainable progression (we don’t make rash decisions that jeopardise the company)
- Honesty & integrity
- Innovative & dynamic
- Passion & pride (in all we do)
See top of this page for the application deadline.
Send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application must include the following information:
- Please let us know how soon you could start if you are offered a job
- Let us know where you heard about this vacancy
- As part of our recruitment process we will be conducting screening calls before inviting candidates to assessment/interview. The dates of the screening calls will be the 6th & 7th April (times for calls will be confirmed with candidates following the application deadline)
- Applicants successful at the screening call stage will then be invited to assessment/interview. The dates for assessment/interview are the 13th & 15th April. Please let us know if you can be available on these dates. Note: you will only be required to attend one of the assessment/interview dates, and whilst the session is long in duration, we make our decision based on this one session. Feedback suggests candidates find it useful spending this time in our working environment (COVID-19 guidelines permitting)
- Attach your current CV
- Attach a 10-line cover letter outlining how you will add value to our company
Please note: the successful candidate must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK.
For updates on Revolution Viewing and any vacancies, we recommend you follow us on our social media channels: http://www.revolutionviewing.com/social/
How will RV use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, including complying with any legal obligations, to enable us to manage the recruitment process. We will only share your data with relevant parties as part of our recruitment process and we will not share your data for marketing or employment purposes outside of RV. For more information on RV’s job applicant privacy notice, please follow this link.
No recruitment agencies – thank you.