This is a fantastic opportunity for a creative individual to join a very talented team – planning, co-ordinating and taking control of the scheduling and delivery of Higher Education (HE) video projects at RV.
At Revolution Viewing, we empower people to make life changing decisions – this is our mission. We do that by producing rich media solutions to help prospective students to select their perfect university and home buyers to select their perfect home. Our clients are universities and the top home builders all over the UK and we are the leading rich media supplier in both sectors.
Our showreel will give you a flavour of the kind of engaging video content we’re currently producing, however, at RV we are constantly trying to push the envelope, every year our clients trust us more and more, they provide greater budgets and increasingly rely on our creative ability.
We are looking for you to join our growing team (2 Video Producers, 2 Senior Associate Producers, 1 Associate Producer, 1 x Video Production Co-ordinator, 1 Camera Operator / Editor, 1 Senior Editor, 2 Motion Designers, 1 Junior Motion Designer) and growing HE client base, responding to the constant stream of creatively challenging and rewarding client briefs.
The typical route of progression would be promotion to Senior Associate Producer and then Producer/Director.
A Day in the life
When a Higher Education video or animation project is converted by our Client Services team it firstly passes to our Video Production Coordinator who then allocate the project to an Associate Producer and Production team. From this point onwards, as an Associate Producer you will have full contact with the project right up to the point where the final assets are delivered to the client.
You will first start by working alongside the Video Production Coordinator for the production of a project Gantt chart, assigning the correct internal team member resource to the project. Where necessary, you will work with our Studio Manager to liaise with any freelancers when they may be required for location work.
Once a resource is allocated, it is up to you to communicate with the client and book suitable dates for the Producer to attend the Discovery (kick-off) meeting and the shoot. You will create the project schedule and call sheet; book the hotels and transport and co-ordinate pre-project calls between the client, the Producer and yourself.
Throughout the project, you will be responsible for tracking all the project financials, updating our systems and logging any project scope changes that may occur and are agreed with the client (with the assistance of the Producer). You will be able to use our system to log how such scope changes affect the budget, which ensures all scope changes are in one place ready for when you create the final invoice.
After the video has been shot, you will support the Producer during the post-production phase and often work with the Studio Manager and the Editor to clarify various elements of the video edit. For the right candidate, there will be opportunities to offer creative input, when experience suggests this will add value to the project.
You will then deliver version 1 of the video to the client and help to collate feedback. You will liaise with the Producer, Editor and/or Motion Designer on amendments – working closely with the Studio Manager along the way when resources time-frames need adjusting.
Once the 2nd and 3rd rounds of feedback and amends are complete, you will deliver the final video to the client along with the invoice and inform Client Services that the client is now ready for the post-project debrief. Project finished!
- Constant and consistent liaison with the client throughout an entire project, from concept to completion;
- Update Gantt charts (and where necessary producing) for all client projects in line with the RV video process and any changes in project timescales and deliverables;
- Liaise with the Video Production Coordinator, Producer and the client when booking team resource for project elements, assisting with the planning of time and resource of team members required to complete your project;
- Liaise with Video Production Coordinator and Producer when booking freelancers for location work when required;
- Book and minute any client calls, liaise with the client to arrange any meetings and shoot dates;
- Create location shoot schedule, book hotels and arrange transport logistics;
- Book any required equipment rentals;
- Discuss scope changes with Producer and client, logging all budget/scope changes in the system, ready for when you create the final invoice;
- Review and update project financials on the RV systems each week;
- Working with the Producer, ensure all team members are fully briefed. Liaise with Video Production Coordinator and Producer to ensure the finished product is of high quality and matches the client brief;
- Liaise with Producer, Video Production Coordinator and Post-production team, where necessary, with regards to client updates and amends during the post-production phase of a project;
- Update the weekly sheet with the deliverables for the week ahead, ensuring all deliverables are sent to the client in line with the Gantt chart dates;
- Create any casting calls that may be required and liaise with actors to ensure they have all the information required for the shoot.
Key Skills, Experience and General Outlook
To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you have exceeded each of the key skills required. If you don’t have the relevant experience and require further training/time to reach the required skill level, then this will be reflected in the salary offered.
- Ability to manage many tasks at once, re-prioritising where necessary and working in a logical manner;
- You like things to be done efficiently and enjoy making contributions to that effect;
- A great communicator – if you need help, you ask. You appreciate how essential it is to communicate with team members and you are able to work under your own autonomy;
- Very articulate – you speak clearly and confidently when on the phone;
- An excellent grasp of written English and you can confidently and quickly; structure a well worded, perfectly spelt and grammatically correct email;
- Eagerness to learn, improve and contribute to the success of our business;
- You will have experience of using Microsoft office, it will be favorable if you have a working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite package;
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow a set of instructions – this is essential.
Please note: other than your lunch break, we do not accommodate smoking breaks.
- Must have – at least two years of experience working in a similar capacity to that as is required of this role.
- Must have – previous experience working within a digital agency or video production company is essential.
- Must have – proven experience of delivering multiple projects within tight time-frames.
- Desirable – a background in camera operating and/or editing.
- Desirable – experience of working in a digital agency that employs 20 or more staff.
Working at RV
Why Work at RV?
Revolution Viewing is a leading Creative Digital Agency that produces world-class solutions. We are a team of 40 people and operate as niche specialists at the top of our game; this is why over 90 UK universities and some of the UK’s largest home-builders keep coming back for more! See what makes us tick –
RV Office 360 virtual tour: http://rv333.com/office-360
Work-life Balance Manifesto
The feedback we receive from our team suggests that this is an unusual policy for an agency, hence the mention here in the job spec. This is from Tom, our CEO: “You will get paid for the hours you work or you will be given the time back.” Quite simply, you will never be asked to work more hours than contracted, without receiving that time back in lieu or being paid overtime.
RV Culture & Values
Ten reasons to apply for a role with Revolution Viewing
- We have a Work-life Balance Manifesto that is policy!
- We produce sector-leading digital media products.
- Our team tell us RV is a great place to work.
- Our clients love what we do and our client satisfaction is extremely high.
- Free lunch – there is such a thing and it happens every day at RV! (for staff working 6 hours or more in a day)
- Every three months we have a team meal, on the company.
- Holiday loyalty scheme – extra holidays for years of service.
- Individual objectives set in annual appraisals and progress reviewed in monthly 1-2-1 meeting with line manager.
- We share our strategy, including mission, direction and financial progress.
- We offer a thorough induction and comprehensive training for your career.
Our Core Values
These values are a key consideration when hiring a new team member; we need to feel each team member shares these values.
- Respect for people
- Veritably fun working environment (contribution to)
- Sustainable progression (we don’t make rash decisions that jeopardise the company)
- Honesty & integrity
- Innovative & dynamic
- Passion & pride (in all that we do)
See top of this document for the application deadline.
Send your email to: email@example.com
Your application must include the following information:
- Please let us know how soon you could start if you are offered a job.
- Let us know where you heard about this vacancy.
- The time & dates of assessment are 2pm-7pm Wednesday 18th September 2019 & 2pm-7pm Thursday 26th September 2019. Please let us know if you can be available on these dates. Note you will only be required to attend one of the assessment session dates, and whilst the session is long in duration, we make our decision based on this one session. Feedback suggests candidates find it useful spending this time in our working environment.
- Attach your current CV.
- Attach a 10-line cover letter outlining how you will add value to our company.
Please note the successful candidate must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK.
For updates on Revolution Viewing and any vacancies, we recommend you follow us on our social media channels: http://www.revolutionviewing.com/social/
How will RV use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, including complying with any legal obligations, to enable us to manage the recruitment process. We will only share your data with relevant parties as part of our recruitment process and we will not share your data for marketing or employment purposes outside of RV. For more information on RV’s job applicant privacy notice, please follow this link.