This role could be ideal for two very different types of people:
Perfect candidate 1 – You would love to become a Video Editor or a Video Producer but perhaps lack the experience, here is an opportunity to work with a creative digital agency that enables progression. We continue to expand at a fast rate, so we need a “pipeline” of talented and able people that we can trust. The right person should be promoted after around 12 months.
Perfect candidate 2 – You’d like to work in a fun, caring and vibrant environment. You might have had more senior roles in the past, but you may have taken a career break and like the idea of reduced responsibilities in the workplace and looking after an office of friendly people.
We are looking for someone with a sunny disposition, a person that is well organised with fantastic attention to detail. You’ll be happy to carry out some of the more manual or clerical office tasks, but you also like to take on responsibility for your own schedule of work. Our managers are trained to work with you to get the right balance based upon your skills and interest in progression, so if you like to be kept busy and like a challenge, Revolution Viewing could be for you.
A day in the life
When you arrive at work you’ll begin to run through various “opening the office” tasks, these will include checking all areas of the office are tidy and free of mugs and glasses. You’ll then move into the kitchen, emptying and then filling the dishwasher and wiping down surfaces. You’ll check to see if the floor needs mopping and you’ll empty the bins if needed.
Once you’ve completed your initial run of tasks you’ll go to your desk and plan the rest of your day, this might include a stocktake, placing a food order, receiving and logging deliveries, tidying the stockroom. You will also have 30 minutes of general office cleaning to complete.
At around 12.15pm you’ll begin to prepare lunch for circa 30 people, ready for 1pm. We’ve been providing lunch every day for the entire team for 15 years, it’s probably easier than it sounds. The food is mostly cold, and preparation is mainly opening packs of ham, salmon, chicken, then slicing bread and chopping some veg for a salad. At 1.30pm you will turn on the dishwasher, tidy away condiments and wipe the surfaces.
If you are working part-time then you would leave the office at 2pm, if you work full-time then you will work through some of the full-time remits stated further down in this job spec.
Quite simply we want to hire the best person for the company and for the role. If that person needs a full-time (FT) job, we can expand the role to suit that. If that person would rather a part-time (PT) role, then so long as that person can fulfil the part-time hours specified, then we are fine with that.
The job remits are broken-down into the remits for PT and then additional remits for FT.
Remits for Part-time Hours
- Produce a weekly meal plan (guidance will be given initially).
- Conduct food/drink stock take and place food orders (Thursdays) / receive food delivery (Mondays).
- Prepare staff lunches on a daily basis.
- Clear away food, dishes and fill dishwasher after lunch.
- Dishwasher loading / emptying and put crockery/cutlery away throughout the day as required.
- Make the occasional brew round and collect cups from desks.
- Keep the office clean and tidy, emptying/cleaning bins, fridges, microwaves etc. when needed. Vac & mop the floors when needed.
- Stationery stock take / stock room management.
- Receive deliveries.
Additional Remits for Full-time Hours
- End of day general tidy up – collect mugs/glasses and set off dishwasher
- Skill dependent – Assisting the projects team with printing and collation of marketing materials / shoot schedules.
- Skill dependent – Assisting the finance team with administrative tasks (invoice procedures, business card receipts, filing, etc.)
- A Skill dependent – Assisting the production team with post-production tasks (image retouching, 360 VT processing, video editing)
- First point of contact for office maintenance people when visiting and liaising with service managers.
- Assist with general office tasks on an ad-hoc basis.
Key Skills, Experience and General Outlook
To achieve the upper-level of the salary range you must provide evidence that you have exceeded each of the key skills required. If you don’t have the relevant experience and require further training/time to reach the required skill level, then this will be reflected in the salary offered.
- Ability to manage many tasks at once, re-prioritizing where necessary and working in a logical manner.
- You like things to be done efficiently and enjoy making contributions to that effect.
- A great communicator. If you need help you ask. You appreciate how essential it is to communicate with team members and you are able to work under your own autonomy.
- Eagerness to learn, improve and contribute to the success of our business.
- You will have experience of using Excel / Google Docs.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow a set of instructions – this is essential.
Please note: other than during your lunch break, we do not accommodate smoking breaks.
- You will need to have held a job (any job) part-time or full-time for at least 1 year.
Working at RV
Why Work at RV?
Revolution Viewing is a leading Creative Digital Agency that produces world-class solutions. We are a team of 40 people and operate as niche specialists at the top of our game; this is why over 80 UK universities and some of the UK’s largest home-builders keep coming back for more! See what makes us tick – https://www.revolutionviewing.com/about-us/join-the-team/
RV Office 360 virtual tour: http://rv333.com/office-360
Work-life Balance Manifesto
The feedback we receive from our team suggests that this is an unusual policy for an agency, hence the mention here in the job spec. This is from Tom, our CEO: “You will get paid for the hours you work or you will be given the time back.” Quite simply, you will never be asked to work more hours than contracted, without receiving that time back in lieu or being paid overtime.
RV Culture & Values
Ten reasons to apply for a role with Revolution Viewing
- We have a Work-life Balance Manifesto that is policy!
- Free lunch every day (for those working a 6hr day or more).
- We produce sector-leading digital media products.
- Our team tell us RV is a great place to work.
- Our clients love what we do and our client satisfaction is extremely high.
- Every three months we have a team meal, on the company.
- Holiday loyalty scheme – extra holidays for years of service.
- Individual objectives set in annual appraisals and progress reviewed in monthly 1-2-1 meeting with line manager.
- We share our strategy, including mission, direction and financial progress.
- We offer a thorough induction and comprehensive training for your career.
Our Core Values
These values are a key consideration when hiring a new team member; we need to feel each team member shares these values.
- Respect for people
- Veritably fun working environment (contribution to)
- Sustainable progression (we don’t make rash decisions that jeopardise the company)
- Honesty & integrity
- Innovative & dynamic
- Passion & pride (in all that we do)
See top of this document for the application deadline.
Send your email to: email@example.com
Your application must include the following information:
- Please let us know how soon you could start if you are offered a job.
- Let us know where you heard about this vacancy.
- The time & dates of assessment are 2pm-7pm Tuesday 16th July 2019 & 2pm-7pm Tuesday 23rd July 2019. Please let us know if you can be available on these dates. Note you will only be required to attend one of the assessment session dates, and that whilst the session is long in duration, we make our decision based on this one session. Feedback suggests candidates find it useful spending this time in our working environment.
- Attach your current CV.
- Attach a 10-line cover letter outlining how you will add value to our company.
- State whether you want a part-time job, full-time job or either (you can change your mind later, as long as you let us know during the interview).
Please note the successful candidate must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK.
For updates on Revolution Viewing and any vacancies, we recommend you follow us on our social media channels: http://www.revolutionviewing.com/social/
How will RV use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, including complying with any legal obligations, to enable us to manage the recruitment process. We will only share your data with relevant parties as part of our recruitment process and we will not share your data for marketing or employment purposes outside of RV. For more information on RV’s job applicant privacy notice, please follow this link.